The two sides of the forums

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Gireen

6 Days Ago

The Player Behavior forum consists of two specimen that avidly use the forums, those who take in the following "truths", and those who dont:

Specimen #1:
- Riot is an evil company
- Elo hell exists, and I am currently taking place in it
- Half of all league players are trolls
- I know these things because of the most valid evidence there is: Anecdotal http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com....php?t=4447622
- People who post name and shame are clearly in the right, cuz, we need to know about these people!
- The only reason Riot hasn't funded my particular idea, as illogical as it may be, is because they are all about the $$$$$$$$$
- This OP sux
- I am not toxic. Being banned by the tribunal a couple hundred times doesn't account for anything. And those guys deserved to be called Nazis.
- Everytime someone says something that makes sense, I must deny their facts and give them stronger anecdotal evidence of my reality

Specimen #2:
Other
- Replies to twenty of Specimen #1's posts a day
- Never gets tired of it, for some reason, I have no idea why we do this
- Can tell what a forum post is entirely about without even looking at the content, just the title, or maybe even the name of the poster
- Has developed a quotable knowledge base for which they can copy paste answers to specimen #1's bullcrap
- Could provide a list, a fairly short list, that would encompass 90% of all posted threads in this forum

Reply with more bulletpoints. And to anyone who doesn't notice it I'm being silly and sarcastic, so, don't give me paragraphs on why league really has a troll rate of 50%.

Sereg Anfaug

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

6 Days Ago

I was going to post and disrupt your dichotomy, but "other" is fairly inclusive =P

Gireen

6 Days Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sereg Anfaug View Post
I was going to post and disrupt your dichotomy, but "other" is fairly inclusive =P
I really should extend this to a whole bunch of different dichotomies.

DiggerPat

6 Days Ago

This OP sux.

...it felt obligatory.

Rueian

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

6 Days Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gireen View Post
Specimen #1:
1- Riot is an evil company
2- Elo hell exists, and I am currently taking place in it
3- Half of all league players are trolls
4- I know these things because of the most valid evidence there is: Anecdotal http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com....php?t=4447622
5- People who post name and shame are clearly in the right, cuz, we need to know about these people!
6- Natasha Wong
7- The only reason Riot hasn't funded my particular idea, as illogical as it may be, is because they are all about the $$$$$$$$$
8- This OP sux
9- I am not toxic. Being banned by the tribunal a couple hundred times doesn't account for anything. And those guys deserved to be called Nazis.
#1-Wat?
#2-Elo hell is less a place and more a concept that every player experiences to some degree.
#3-about half of the 'neutral' players are negatively effected by the trolls making them temporarily negative and appear to be trolls.
#4-We already discussed this
#5-I never understood name and shame
#6-name and shame
#7-As they should be
#8-Did you ever find hair in your soup?
#9-I see how the two ideas blend but just because someone doesn't think they are toxic doesn't mean they are going to call everyone Nazis. Except grammar Nazis, they like being called Nazis.

SorieltheDreamer

5 Days Ago

Rueian, seems like you didn't see the sarcasm in this.

Gireen, you forgot to put up points for the Others speciments, like ''shows statistics with easy to check background''. As for the first speciments... well I agree that this is the most of them, but you forgot the ''Everytime someone says something that makes sense, I deny his facts and replace it with my reallity'' point of them.

Rueian

5 Days Ago

*serious face*

powerbats

5 Days Ago

Eagerly awaiting the #6 rant response since we haven't seen a post lately.

Ulanopo

5 Days Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by powerbats View Post
Eagerly awaiting the #6 rant response since we haven't seen a post lately.
I added Natasha as a friend in-game so that I could spectate her games and offer advice. We have had three really productive discussions. I have noticed a difference in both her play and her attitude in her posts. The latter is more subtle, but it's there. It's possible that part of the reason for the decrease in posts is because she's starting to come around. We should be nurturing that.

Natasha may be many things - bullheaded being first among them - but it seems clear that her purpose here is not to cause trouble. She's just doggedly persistent in holding some really strange ideas. I understand how she can be frustrating, but that shouldn't be an excuse to name-and-shame her.

Our purpose here is to help, not to belittle and mock. Be better than this.

Gireen

4 Days Ago

I'm about to add some footnotes for the Other category as well as a few For Specimin #1