Ranked Players want me to Suicide

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

xXKushmiesterXx

6 Days Ago

A lot of you won't care, but maybe some of you can relate. I'm probably done with ranked if not league for a really long time. I'm sorry that my client bugged today, champs started blinking, and I unintentionally fed the team.

HOWEVER, does that give the right for someone to tell me to commit suicide? I already suffer from depresssion. I came to league as a way to escape, just to find people trying to tell me I should kill myself. I might seem a little childish, but is that really what this community is becoming or has become? I don't feed every game, I rarely do.

Anyways, a lot of you won't care...but I felt the need to vent and to tell the community that you never know what someone is going through. Get over yourself and lose your ego. Everyone has bad games. The players do not have a right to deem who is worthy of rank and who isn't, let alone who is worthy of living. Telling someone to go kill themselves and "you mean it" should not be tolerated. Some of you may have read the Reddit post about this a while back but:

"I think everyone who plays online games has, at some time or another, been told they should just “go kill themselves.” Statistics from the Government sanctioned National Institute of Mental Health state that of every 100,000 people 121 of those will attempt suicide. 11 of those will succeed. To put this in perspective Riot claims 32 million active users every month. Of those, 35,000 will attempt suicide this year, and the statistics will show that 3 thousand people, who have registered an account with League of Legends, will never log into there account in 2014." - VerdeCreed

Don't contribute to that statistic.

Ulanopo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

6 Days Ago

I first ran into this meme in WoW. I think a lot of people don't realize that it's the sort of "joke" that should only be made between close friends. We shouldn't try to ban coarse humor outright, but we should work at teaching people when and where it is acceptable.

xXKushmiesterXx

6 Days Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulanopo View Post
I first ran into this meme in WoW. I think a lot of people don't realize that it's the sort of "joke" that should only be made between close friends. We shouldn't try to ban coarse humor outright, but we should work at teaching people when and where it is acceptable.
I agree the people shouldn't be outright banned. A lesson would never be learned. However, how do you work at teaching people something like that in a game like this? Or will it never change (what I think)?

Nirahtci

6 Days Ago

There's a large difference between telling a friend to kill themselves as a joke and telling a stranger who got caught by the enemy, lagged out, or what ever the reason.

It's a game. If you're so frustrated because one of your teammates made a boneheaded move, gave up first blood, and then tell them to kill themselves because they died once?

Try telling someone in person to go kill themselves or that you hope they get cancer. The social contract of the internet versus the real world is wildly different. If people throw the temper tantrums they do on any online platform in real life, they will be ostracized. Hopefully they get roughed up a bit and learn that that kind of behavior is never okay.

But then again, this is the internet, and nothing is real on the internet.

Until someone kills themselves. Consequences are real.

LordHippoman

5 Days Ago

If you have ever told someone to commit suicide over League, you should not only be perma banned, real life legal action should be taken. It's a serious problem, and there really are *******s out there who would rather you take your own life and destroy the lives of your close family and friends than lose a single stupid League match. I have personally seen people take their own lives over bullying, and it's a sick, disgusting thing to watch that's been turned into a game by Internet culture.

Synticket

5 Days Ago

Remember that guy that got arrested because he made a joke about going to a elementary school, to shoot the children, and then eat the heart out of one of them? That's our community. I'm glad you brought this to light, because there are people out there like you. I'm one of them, I play League sometimes to just get away from it all. But to have people like that constantly on our back is not something I enjoy. And I'm sure you don't either.

Arxon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

5 Days Ago

Natural selection imo. I know it sounds harsh but life is not easy. If you can't handle something as simple as being bullied then you probably should get out while you still can. You will be bullied your entire life most likely and the sooner you learn how to handle it the better.

XxCandyFlippinxX

4 Days Ago

"I'm sorry that my client bugged today, champs started blinking, and I unintentionally fed the team."

I'm Sorry but when i see this red flags start to come up. If your having issues with your client you may die a couple times and hope these issues resolve themselves, but when you say i fed the team that implies you fed an entire game due to your client issues. Doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result won;t work. Better to restart your client and hope your team can do the smart thing and stall.

Arxon

4 Days Ago

Why is everyone scared to know the truth? I am the most honest person on these forums and you people try to pretend like the world is full of unicorns and leprechauns.

Truth. There will always be at least one person on this world who hates your very existence. This doesn't end after graduation.

Truth. The more nice you are the more people will try to take advantage of you. They will manipulate you and use you for their own gain. (which is a form of bullying in itself).

Truth. People will talk down to you. They will be demeaning. Especially if you're not the kind of person who is willing to stick up for yourself. You are the best kind of target for them to prey on.

So despite any downvotes I get, despite how much you hate what I say, if I can teach you any ONE thing in life it is to MAN UP! Protect your beliefs, protect yourself. Stand up and don't take anyone's ****. Don't be a target, be a role-model.

themaddscientist

4 Days Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arxon View Post
Why is everyone scared to know the truth? I am the most honest person on these forums and you people try to pretend like the world is full of unicorns and leprechauns.
I didn't downvote you because of any sort of inability to "know the truth." I downvoted it because your tone insinuates that it's somehow acceptable to be a jerk online. Everyone reacts to things differently, and though it's important to learn how to deal with stress, everyone has a breaking point. Your inability to understand or sympathize with others is not our problem, especially when there are real people who could have had wonderful lives being lost over it. Should we be less sensitive? Maybe. It definitely does take some degree of thick skin to peruse the internet. Does that make the behavior of the one who is doing the bullying any less acceptable? No, and despite your apparent distrust and lack of faith in humanity, we will call people on it when it happens. Let's work on both issues: helping others to shrug off the things idiots say and helping the idiots understand what an impact their words are actually having. Maybe then we can all get on with our lives without needing to have this debate in the first place.