Tribunal - WARN

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

UchihaScar

05-20-2011

Raging should not be a punishable offense imo. I would pardon but i don't really do tribunal things.

rest0

05-20-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by HenryF0rd View Post
I had a case where the guy wasn't exactly a clear cut punish - he wasn't racist or totally insane. But he had serious rage issues. As games started he seemed to be a good teammate but as the game went on if something went wrong he would completely ****ing flip.

I reviewed about 9 cases and really thought about it. Eventually I hit punish - but I still don't feel 100% about it.

There really needs to be a WARN option for just being a general d*uche but not being outright horrible. Compared to some of the clearer, truly messed up chat logs I've seen this guy wasn't so bad - and if the really offensive/racist bs isn't punished more severely than this guy - it wouldn't be fair.

If someone keeps coming up with repeated warnings, then punish or ban. But there has gotta be something inbetween Punish/Pardon for those borderline cases. In the next few weeks, once the trash gets taken out - there will be a lot more borderline stuff - the WARN button will become needed.

Also - if these are getting reviewed by riot - you should be able to leave notes.
So you didn't really read this days the contain of Tribunal information.

Otherwise you'd know you could have skipped it. If you are not sure on your veredict.

HenryF0rd

05-20-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0pherion View Post
*bump*

Rioterz decide the appropriate punishment...on that note you just need to be concerned with "is this person guilty of something that should be punished?"

We have had a bunch of people request similar functionality and we appreciate the feedback, but for now...punish, pardon, skip should be sufficient. Never know about the future though!

Cheers!
I guess the problem Opherion is I don't know. Reality is, some of his rage is probably justified. If I really thought about it - would I rather have him on my team or his teammates - I'm not sure.

It's those kinds of situations that make the "punish/pardon" binary tricky. We aren't supposed to punish bad play - but we're supposed to ask ourselves if we want this guy in the community and sometimes the answer doesn't fit into a black/white.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotLykaeus View Post
The purpose of the Tribunal is for you to be the judge, if you feel like you would still play a game with this guy after what you read. Then to me that would be a case to pick pardon. If what he said was pretty blatantly obvious and rude, regardless of his team saying the same thing - I would not enjoy playing a game with him.

HenryF0rd

05-20-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by UchihaScar View Post
Raging should not be a punishable offense imo. I would pardon but i don't really do tribunal things.
That's the problem. There is some line between 'acceptable rage' and 'unacceptable rage'. And something like a warn button helps for when its somewhere inbetween.

Mortox

05-20-2011

Quote:
That's the problem. There is some line between 'acceptable rage' and 'unacceptable rage'. And something like a warn button helps for when its somewhere inbetween.
Raging in itself isn't even punishable as long as they're not focusing that rage in a demeaning way towards another player.

If I have a horrible game where 2 people are feeding, no ones warding and our team keeps giving away free kills/barons/dragons its fine for me to get upset and say "WTF THIS GAME IS BULL****" "THIS TEAM SUCKS" sort of thing. I suppose I could get reported for spamming but my "rage" wouldn't be directed at anyone specifically.

edit: I often do rage in a way similar to the above, I'll say things like "This team is too stupid to win." if my team starts getting upset "WHO'S STUPID???" "who you calling stupid noob!?" I'll be honest, "We're all stupid, myself included, we're too bad to win this game." it's a true assessment that deserves no kind of report/punishment in most cases.

Azriel

05-20-2011

Quote:

We dont need a warn button because riot takes care of the severity of the punishment. In cases where you think the champion should receive a warning, vote to punish. Hitting pardon means you want nothing done (including a warning).

Archeer

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

05-20-2011

I think the person OP is talking about is me. I do it quite often.

BalthageDay

05-20-2011

8. Understand what "Punish" means

"Punish" means that you believe some sort of action should be performed on this player - not necessarily a suspension or ban. It could be a warning or name change.

HenryF0rd

05-20-2011

It just comes down to rage being sometimes pretty borderline.

Everything said and done - over time - the VAST majority of the cases will be involving raging and flame wars - not really obvious feeding.

There are already around 4 other threads asking for some guidance around how to judge raging.

Azriel

05-20-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by UchihaScar View Post
I think the summoner's code takes a pretty straightforward stance on raging.

Show Humility in Victory, and Grace in Defeat

If I see a player who is raging in multiple games, I think a pardon is the wrong course of action. Your team doing badly or getting outplayed is not an excuse to offload on them. Keeping these players around and allowing them to act out like this does our community a disservice.

If multiple games show that this player does not possess enough maturity to consistently conduct themselves in a manner condusive with the code, I think that warrants a look/riot judgement. And a "punish" verdict does just that.