Lost one's mojo in Ranked. Can't ever win.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

JeryC

05-20-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGKodama View Post
Can do 2v2 and 1v2, as well as knowing about wards. The problem I have is people in ranked are so bloody pants-on-head stupid that it makes me facepalm every time they say stupid **** like "I'm going AP Maokai".

So like I said in General Discussion, come 20 minutes i'm going to stop caring if it's gonna be a loss. No point in helping those that can't be helped.

sure, there are plenty of re-tards around ^^
but with the new totally and equally re-tarded tribunal reviews, we have to start pretending like we care. got to watch our steps ^^

I Am Lion O

05-20-2011

Defeat Dr. Evil

biomorph

05-20-2011

Allow me to apologize upfront if I offend anyone ...
First step is to stop the QQ there is too much of it all ready. Get over it or get disappeared, at least you would contribute to a more pleasant atmosphere one way or the other. The only problem ultimately is your attitude. I am not sure how you wear your malcontent in games but I will tell you that flaming, crying, complaining or just general negative attitude in game affects everyone around you and the focus gets completely lost somewhere and it all goes to hell all because of one cry baby who could not get his **** wired. I've seen it happen so many times and I grid my teeth and try to keep cool - give advice as best I can in a sober tone - because if I don't how can i expect others to do the same.

Bad things happen and that is just the way it is online games have and will forever drag in the worst sorts of trash and there is no stopping it because that would be bad business.

So I repeat get over it.

malphismia

05-20-2011

Surround yourself with good players. I've been deleting bad players on my list lately, and queueing with the good ones. It's not fun to lose, you should frequently be adding players that do well in recent games. Just have good players on your list that can carry you when you have a bad game, and carry them when they have a bad game.

Von Nicklesnout

05-22-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by MatadorRED View Post
Surround yourself with good players. I've been deleting bad players on my list lately, and queueing with the good ones. It's not fun to lose, you should frequently be adding players that do well in recent games. Just have good players on your list that can carry you when you have a bad game, and carry them when they have a bad game.
That actually sounds like a fairly decent idea.

iP1ayJarvan

05-22-2011

a friend gave me an advice: learn to carry. well, that sort of worked for me as a support player, i was always too team dependant, and if they didnt do well, no matter how well i did it wouldnt work out. then i tried a few carries for a bit, as long as i did decently and the team didn't overfeed, i found it possible to turn the game around (with some help of course, but mainly because of me). doesnt always work but increases your chances, because now you place the game in your own hands and rely more on yourself. but if you're the baddie, then it probably wont work anyway.

Modevasion

05-22-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGKodama View Post
Can do 2v2 and 1v2, as well as knowing about wards. The problem I have is people in ranked are so bloody pants-on-head stupid that it makes me facepalm every time they say stupid **** like "I'm going AP Maokai".

So like I said in General Discussion, come 20 minutes i'm going to stop caring if it's gonna be a loss. No point in helping those that can't be helped.
what is wrong with ap maokai exactly? I'm just curious...>_>

Perhaps you need to realize that builds that deviate from the norm don't auto equate to terribad's? I mean i understand if they went crit zilean, or something.. but you're complaining about ap maokai? Really?

iP1ayJarvan

05-22-2011

ap mao just means he's not tanking, and he is asking you not to expect him to do so. just pick another tank, treat him as a mage. just because he is normally played tank doesnt mean he cant be played other ways, ap amumu owns too.

MarryMeNikasaur

05-23-2011

In honesty, solo queue is a roll of the dice...
A LoL friend went 9 games in a row playing 4v5 because of dcers/leavers... then went 19/2 and lost.
It depends on the team, you play well consistantly, such as warding up, and not dieing, then statistically you SHOULD rise in elo, though it is still flawed...
All in all, Elo is a flawed system, I know kids who are terribad and are 1800, and guys that **** all over 2k ratings and are 1500,
Play lots and lots of games and you will rise,
Take Grackis - 2k rating... enough said kthnx

JeryC

05-23-2011

the matchmaking system is designed to pair u up with re-tards who'll screw up your match when u've won too much, and will pair u with pros to storm when u've lost too much.