Need help about a item

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Teladis

03-17-2010

My friends swear up and down that mlady is a good item, but i'm just not seeing it. My common sense factor is telling me stay away. Am I wrong?

Kajitii

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-17-2010

What the description doesn't say is that the UNIQUE passive stacks up to 6 times.

Kaeoz

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-17-2010

depends who you're getting it on. i always use malady on twitch just for the atk speed bonus and because i get life steal to start.

but for more support oriented chars: sivir, trist, get starks over malady

Kritara

03-17-2010

Malady is decent. It's cheaper version of Starks that only benefits you. I like the proc for Teemo/Twitch's poison early game. Lategame it doesn't really matter all that much.

EnderA

03-18-2010

The problem with malady is that there are two other options for doing what malady does, except better and more focused: Starks (+attack speed, lifesteal, and aura bonuses), and Last Whisper/Bloodthirster (huge armor penetration which is awesome for DPS champs, and huge damage which is awesome for DPS champs.) Remember, you can just keep the Vampiric Scepter and wait on upgrading it until later into your build, or buy attack speed items that will upgrade to something else. You don't have to build a single item at a time.

The only champion that malady really sticks out on is Udyr. It's practically required on him because of its synergy with Tiger Stance. While it will only add a charge on the first hit of the three, the damage will trigger on all of the three attacks. Hence, Malady adds massive DPS to Udyr.