Twisted Fate is a Steamroller

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

fuct up

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-17-2010

Turrets beware!

I'm rolling as core items:

1. Malady
2. Tiamat
3. Guinsoo's Rageblade
4. Berserker's Greaves

I'm taking out turrets so fast it's insane. I'm also taking out minions faster than sivir can.

The other two items are whatever, survivability or pvp. I've been getting Trinity force and a bloodthirster. Zhonya's is also good, so is Nashor's Tooth.

FeLpZ

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-17-2010

lol @ malady and tiamat

Dwight K Shrute

03-17-2010

mladys nice, but starks is better if nobody else has it

my tf build is:

starks
merc treads
wits end
last whisperer
infinity edge

tiamets interesting, but i still dont' see a point in getting red cards unless minion farming

and lol @ felpz for being a nub

Kamenrider

03-17-2010

ill try tiamat for first item for hp mp regen then boots then malady or starks, guinsoo might be replaced by last whisper or triforce items or... BF sword chain items

TF suddenly bacame interesting from an AP only viable char suddenly he's like a ranged jaxx with a more interesting ulti

on that note will his rune selection be AS/Arp/Mp5?

OmniOblivion

03-17-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuct up View Post
Turrets beware!

I'm rolling as core items:

1. Malady
2. Tiamat
3. Guinsoo's Rageblade
4. Berserker's Greaves

I'm taking out turrets so fast it's insane. I'm also taking out minions faster than sivir can.

The other two items are whatever, survivability or pvp. I've been getting Trinity force and a bloodthirster. Zhonya's is also good, so is Nashor's Tooth.
Looks like DPS Twisted Fate to me.

Twisted Fate is REALLY squishy. I still focus on AP (mainly Pick a Card to save my life and initiate). But now with the remake on TF, I'm "lost in the woods"... :/

JunkRamen

03-17-2010

I've been thinking about Tiamat to boost the heavy damage he gets from red card... but meh, 2k for a tiny AoE cleave. I mean things like electrons are pretty small... Tiamat's AoE is even smaller.

EasymodeX

03-17-2010

Quote:
lol @ malady and tiamat
Seconded.

Malady is pretty much fail on almost any champ, TF included.

Rageblade is core; Nashor quite viable and one that I favor personally. Rest is /shrug.

Anytime you so much as think Malady, you should probably re-think to Stark's or Bloodthirster, as they are way better for almost any build.

Pretty much all the other attack speed items are superior for one build or another -- Stark's, PD, Wit's, LW, SotD, Rageblade now counts as an ASPD item for several champs, of course.

Arkkan

03-17-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamenrider View Post

TF suddenly bacame interesting from an AP only viable char suddenly he's like a ranged jaxx with a more interesting ulti
The problem with going DPS with TF is he's much, much squishier than Jax is and relying on auto-attack puts him close to danger a lot longer than he is as AP build. He has very good damage potential with a DPS build, but as soon as you get close enough in a team fight to attack you're focused down quickly.

AP has been nerfed to where he just doesn't have the damage output to stand out anymore.

I'm not a fan of the new fate. He does push towers very well with a DPS build now, though. That's the one thing he has going for him.

ZuKii

03-17-2010

Yes he is squishy, but how about doing something like rushing catalyst first now?

This will give him a bit of a HP boost early game and can be upgraded to banshee's if you feel you get focused a bit too much.

From there you can just go:

Greaves
Guinsoo
Nashor
Trinity Force
+dmg item (thirster / cleaver)

Just theory crafting because I basically go that build now but sub greaves for merc treads against people with ranged stuns / slows. Catalyst -> veil negates the need and gives more aspeed.
One game I actually also went leviathon. Now it gives 2 stacks for an assist, getting one point in WC in a team fight that you win can instantly give you +4-8 stacks and helps not be squishy.

Because stacked deck actually adds the damage to your attack I believe it applies on-hit effects too (i.e. you attack damage that attack is 200). Is that correct? If this is the case then getting some life steal isn't a bad idea... I had a malady one game (lol malady I know) and the HP regen from auto-attacking is noticeable enough to survive in team fights longer than normal.

The main problem I'm running into at the moment, is high attack speed but low damage around mid game. Getting no +dmg items but lots of +aspeed items (which are all useful because of his passive) makes me feel like I'm not putting out good Deeps even though stacked deck procs more often. Would be nice if we could get some complex math going to see when to stop adding Aspeed and start adding damage...

Thoughts?

thawix

03-17-2010

get the dorans sword first
go get greaves
lifesteal ring
last whisper
guinso's
make ring to bloodthirster
add tiamat & infinity edge

gg

this build kinda works nice!, grtz