Scaling Runes vs Flat Runes

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SickFNasty

05-20-2011

Flat runes are the obvious early game boosts, but scaling helps mid-late game. What runes (mana regen, health, etc) are appropriate for flat or scaling, and does it truly matter?

Meph

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-20-2011

By level 10 the scaling rules will start outweighing the flat bonus runes. So it's really your responsibility to decide whether you need an early game boost. For example, I only had flat CDR glyphs because I know with the builds I use, the extra CDR from the scaling runes gets wasted with the 40% cap.

Mattrellen

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-20-2011

To extend on the idea with the CDR runes, I use per level runes because I don't have the mana to use the CDR early, and I don't have to use CDR so much from items later.

Most of the time, I believe, the per level runes get better so quickly that unless those first very fwe levels matter that much, per level is better, but there are situations when those first levels DO matter that much, so you really need to look at your goals, your champs, and your style to decide.

KirbyHero

05-20-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattrellen View Post
To extend on the idea with the CDR runes, I use per level runes because I don't have the mana to use the CDR early, and I don't have to use CDR so much from items later.

Most of the time, I believe, the per level runes get better so quickly that unless those first very fwe levels matter that much, per level is better, but there are situations when those first levels DO matter that much, so you really need to look at your goals, your champs, and your style to decide.
Yup. CDR per level runes, unless you're a special case like Kennen or Vlad. If it doesn't fit with your build, change the build.