Urgot :(

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Gaebrial

05-20-2011

I just bought Urgot a couple days ago, but I am having trouble with him. I've read some guides, but it seems that he lacks power. Currently I try to get Manamune and last Whisper, but he still doesn't seem to do much.

Perhaps I am playing him incorrectly. Any help?

AlexT3HGR8

05-20-2011

Urgot is great in lane at the start of the game, infact is generally though as one of the strongest laners.

You want to be harassing non stop from the start of the game, and looking for those earily kills. Your Noxian Corrosive Charge and Acid Hunter combo does alot of damage, and can be abused with its long range to keep damaging enemy champions nomatter how far away they are. If the enemy goes back to base, you kill more minions, if they dont, then you kill them.

Mambazo

05-20-2011

Urgot's a good poker/harasser in the lane, and if he lands his corrosive charge his threat radius becomes massive. Use it to zone most any champ.

Oh also, don't build last whisper every time. It's a niche item that's only useful if they're rocking 2 or more tanky champs, preferably tanky-dps like renekton/jarv etc. Pure tanks still won't be bothered by your attacks unless you are fed. I get tear, then brutalizer, then finish manamune, then build situationally.

Acesis

05-20-2011

Whenever I play a team with an urgot i hope I don't have to solo lane against him. If the urgot is experienced at predicting movement when you try to last hit, *especially if you are a champion that relies on auto attacks for last hits, like Ashe* it's only a matter of time before you lose half your life to the e>q>q>q combo. The only time you can safely farm is the 8 seconds or so nox charge is on cooldown.

So my advice is to take notice how your opponent plays and hit them with your box charge when they last hit.

Scila

05-20-2011

Urgot is an awesome countercarry and should be played in mid.
u can harass very well and set up ganks for ur jungler with ur ult.
i usually build a sheen first even if this isnt so great in end game but urgot is about destroying their game so i try to completely shut down their mid early on

Gaebrial

05-20-2011

Alright, thanks. Early game does go pretty well.

Any advice on mid/late game? That is where I seem pretty useless...

KirbyHero

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-20-2011

Urgot is stacked towards the early game. You're supposed to be useless late, even OP garen was useless late. The point is to make sure whoever you laned against is even more useless. Try to get top or mid, whichever lane will let you deny a carry farm or kill him. Design your rune page for early game dominance. Your midgame won't change all that much, but your opponent's midgame will.

Raoool

05-20-2011

Start meki pendant + 2 pots
Tear of the Goddess + starter boots
Brutalizer
Finish Manamune
Glacial Shroud
Catalyst
Glacial Shroud > Frozen Heart
Catalyst > Banshees

You hit around 220 or so damage along with having virtually unlimited mana and high resistances + HP.