Tips for a noob Cho'Gath

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

King Ron Jeremy

05-20-2011

So I bought Cho a couple days ago with his sexy nightmare skin, I need some tips from some good Cho'Gaths out there, I have problems getting poked in lanes etc. also has to do with my team obviously can't really help there but anyways.

Was wondering if anyone out there who was good at Cho in ranked.. could give me some tips and whatnot.

LouieTheHedgehog

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-20-2011

Level up scream first. Be equally aggressive.

Lasthitting restores HP, so get as many minions as possible. Poke with scream if they get in close.

King Ron Jeremy

05-20-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by emesde View Post
Level up scream first. Be equally aggressive.

Lasthitting restores HP, so get as many minions as possible. Poke with scream if they get in close.
I'm always laned against champion with insane range, like Ashe and **** likewise..

Scream doesn't do enough damage when I hit with it considering their auto-attacks do more damage than scream

Lvl 8 Psyduck

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-20-2011

nightmare skin isnt sexy
not trollin

AlexT3HGR8

05-20-2011

Chogath is a great off tank

I tend to start him off with alot of AP and build tanky later in the game. Chogaths Q (rupture) has a 1.0 AP ratio on it as a result if you can learn to land it over and over earily game with a dorans ring and some AP runes, your really going to be hurting the other player.

Another stratefy i found useful on Chogath is running flash as a summoner spell, it works really well with your Ultimate, as you can flash over to them and eat.

If your having trouble with ranged carries, then try going in the bush, you use your rupture spell from there so they dont see you casting it. Also it means they have to run into the bush to attack you, not a good idea when Chogath has his E spikes, silence and his short range Ultimate.

FaerellG

05-20-2011

I play Cho occasionally and I tend to build him as a tanky/AP hybrid rather than all of one or another.

RoA, BV, Rylais are my core items.

I usually get movespeed 3 boots...what do you guys think about boots? Would Ionians do better? Or maybe Merc Treads or Ninja Tabi? Sorc?

NomZrawr

05-20-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexT3HGR8 View Post
Chogath is a great off tank

I tend to start him off with alot of AP and build tanky later in the game. Chogaths Q (rupture) has a 1.0 AP ratio on it as a result if you can learn to land it over and over earily game with a dorans ring and some AP runes, your really going to be hurting the other player.

Another stratefy i found useful on Chogath is running flash as a summoner spell, it works really well with your Ultimate, as you can flash over to them and eat.

If your having trouble with ranged carries, then try going in the bush, you use your rupture spell from there so they dont see you casting it. Also it means they have to run into the bush to attack you, not a good idea when Chogath has his E spikes, silence and his short range Ultimate.
What he said. It works.

Talpostal

05-20-2011

Cho holds a special place in my heart because he's the champion I played the most when I was first getting the hang of PvP LoL matches and the nightmare skin is awesome.

In lane Cho's #1 advantage is that his ridiculous health regeneration makes him really hard to push away. Level up your Q first and use it to harass the other team and last-hit creeps en masse. The other team poking you shouldn't be a very big problem because you should be able to poke them back harder and then regenerate the health you lost by killing creeps.

You may have trouble hitting the other team with your Q at first, but once you get the hang of it it'll be easier.

I recommend rushing Philosopher's Stone on Cho (buy Regrowth Pendant to start) because it lets your start out with good HP regeneration and by the time you get Philo Stone you'll be able to spam your skills much better.

For skills I prioritize Q and E and take a single rank in W around lvl 5 or 7.

LCS Dyrus

05-20-2011

Slaughtering minions in bulk is your best friend. It's more than gold. It's HP. It's Mana. It's your very life itself. One huge thing that might help is try to put yourself in roles where you don't have to share a lane or minion kills. That's the way Cho is. It's abusable for great immortality.

KPloggz

05-20-2011

QEQEQRQWQWRWWWWREE

Q is best mana/damage cost, start with a Doran's ring. Practice those ruptures! Learn to lead people/expect where they're going. Most disagree with waiting until level 8 for W, but it's early game damage compared to mana is atrocious, and you'll find yourself out of mana very often.

Cho is a great last hitter, but it still helps a ton to get an early heart of gold/philosopher's stone (I get HoG after level 1 boots and upgrade it to randuins later).

Randuin's Omen, Rod of Ages, Banshee's Veil, Force of Nature, Sunfire Cape... all great items on cho.
For boots go with Boots of Swiftness or Merc Treads. If you're getting more fed than your team, try to fit an Abyssal or Zhonya's into your build.

Once you have 6 stacks of feast, dont be afraid to open a teamfight feasting their tank or carry. If their tank gets scared, he'll run and your team will slaughter the other 4.