Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

What is the best defensive mark for tanking Nasus?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BiggieSmallsssss

05-20-2011

Quote:
Cyda:
There's a common misconception that you must use 9 of a specific rune. You could always use a mix!

My tank page consists of 30 Armor / 17 Magic Resist all flat, simply because I prefer having a really strong early game which is where runes really shine. Though I suppose scaling glyphs will influence late game more than flat. Keep in mind, Nasus has a pretty beefy base and growing HP stat AND a health bonus ultimate on top of that, so defense will benefit more than health from runes. Specially since you need to be constantly in and out of the fray to last hit.

Quints/Seals are Armor
Glyphs are Magic Resist
Marks are a mix of Armor and Magic Resist

If you are shooting for cooldown to get to 40% though, chances are you will include a Frozen Heart in the mix as it provides hefty armor. In this case I would throw in full Magic Resist Marks and possibly even Quints.

Your best bet is to make various tank pages revolving around the defenses I mentioned. If you are playing ranked, you can determine what will be the best route depending on what the enemy team is going. There's not much sense to stack huge armor if your opponents are Malzahar, Anivia, Annie, Vlad, Veigar.

thank you very much. and yes, i'm using frozen heart along with randuins omen and shurleyas revierie for perfect 40% cooldown (was thinking of getting ability cooldown runes but decided not to when i figured i could get exactly 40% from items)

I love my movement speed tho so I won't be sacrificing my movement speed quints, but I'll get full magic resist marks then. Why does magic resist marks work well with frozen heart? Is it cuz frozen heart only gives magci resist and no armor?

And ya i guesss ince I have over 4k health, magic resist might be better. thnx

Galvynn

05-20-2011

I personally say that armor pen marks are the way to go. Basically, more physical damage getting through gives them a reason to focus you, and also means your Q hits harder. Then I go dodge yellows and MR/lvl blues.

liquidstardust

05-20-2011

armor pen

BiggieSmallsssss

05-20-2011

hmm, yes, armor penetratin would be nice, but wouldn't a maxed armor penetration marks of about 10 only be equivalent to doing an extra 10 damage? (I'm not sure about the armor penetration math but that was my guess of how it worked) That would only be equivalent to about 3 or 4 extra q strikes. And late game I can pretty much one hit most of the smaller minion creeps. (My normal elo isn't that high so oppoenents often allow me to be constantly q striking all throughout the game)

BiggieSmallsssss

05-20-2011

just had a 40 minute game where i ended with +453 in bonus siphon dmg went 14-3

austinpwnz

05-21-2011

Quote:
Xtiangames:
Armor Pen, because even if you are going tank and even if you're hoping for long games, nothing will make your Q hit harder (and therefore frighten people into attacking you instead of your carry) than a stupidly big Q hit.

This. I play a ton of Nasus, and there's no way I would want anything else. Especially in super-long games, armor pen is the only thing that's going to still matter at all.

austinpwnz

05-21-2011

Quote:
BiggieSmallsssss:
hmm, yes, armor penetratin would be nice, but wouldn't a maxed armor penetration marks of about 10 only be equivalent to doing an extra 10 damage? (I'm not sure about the armor penetration math but that was my guess of how it worked) That would only be equivalent to about 3 or 4 extra q strikes. And late game I can pretty much one hit most of the smaller minion creeps. (My normal elo isn't that high so oppoenents often allow me to be constantly q striking all throughout the game)

No, that's not how armor pen works. It reduces the armor in the damage calculation of anyone you hit. It matters early game, and it matters enough when you're hitting that squishy with only 80 armor.

iP1ayJarvan

05-21-2011

now the misconception of tank is they just have to survive, but that wont help you draw aggro. armor pen marks are good for your Q and make it hit really really hard, going tank doesnt mean HP/Ar/MR runes for all 30 slots, you could take flat HP quints, ArPen reds, Ar yellows and MR blues, since they make the best use for the slots available being all primary runes