What is the best defensive mark for tanking Nasus?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BiggieSmallsssss

05-20-2011

I'm going magic resist per level in glyphs, armor per level on seals, and am deciding between either armor/health/magic resist for marks. I'm aiming for long games where siphoning strike is farmed up to 600, so not that interested in damage. For items, I focus on getting 40% ability cooldown and level 18 health of 4000+.

So what would be better? health, armor or magic resist marks?

I also aim for high speed by having boots of swiftness, trinity force, movement mastery, movement quintessence, and one more item that gives 40% boost in speed on active every 60 seconds.

Best Jax NA

05-20-2011

Flat Armor, for early game.

BiggieSmallsssss

05-20-2011

actually, I just looked at the marks in the store and there's no armor per level in tiere 3 marks, so it's either magic resist per level which is only 205 ip and health per level which is 820 ip.

The higher price makes me want to buy the health one, (rofl, but the expensive one just feels better because it costs more, lol), but I'm thinking magic resist might help too, since i focus my items on getting high health and not so much in magic resistance.

please help me decide.

BiggieSmallsssss

05-20-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyVang View Post
Flat Armor, for early game.
i'm thinking about really late game that go 60 minutes plus

BiggieSmallsssss

05-20-2011

so health or magic resist, any thoughts?

iLullaby

05-20-2011

late game? runes dont matter. runes only benefit early game as after 30 mins or so anything runes gave you will be far out classed by items yo've gotten. runes really help you to dominate a lane though. and at 60 mins in,it wont matter. nasus is on of those champs with a fairly weak early game. he's not weak in lane, but early mid game hews subpar in teamfights imo. SS isint farmed up and all that. unlike other champs, if everyone has FULL build and cant get any more items, nasus can still farm damage. laet game nasus start to like 2 shot carrys with their SS lol. flat armor is really good on him early, since you are goign to want a solo lane to farm SS and it really helps you to asorb auto attacks.

BiggieSmallsssss

05-20-2011

ic, thank you for your helpful answer

Scabadoobop

Recruiter

05-20-2011

There's a common misconception that you must use 9 of a specific rune. You could always use a mix!

My tank page consists of 30 Armor / 17 Magic Resist all flat, simply because I prefer having a really strong early game which is where runes really shine. Though I suppose scaling glyphs will influence late game more than flat. Keep in mind, Nasus has a pretty beefy base and growing HP stat AND a health bonus ultimate on top of that, so defense will benefit more than health from runes. Specially since you need to be constantly in and out of the fray to last hit.

Quints/Seals are Armor
Glyphs are Magic Resist
Marks are a mix of Armor and Magic Resist

If you are shooting for cooldown to get to 40% though, chances are you will include a Frozen Heart in the mix as it provides hefty armor. In this case I would throw in full Magic Resist Marks and possibly even Quints.

Your best bet is to make various tank pages revolving around the defenses I mentioned. If you are playing ranked, you can determine what will be the best route depending on what the enemy team is going. There's not much sense to stack huge armor if your opponents are Malzahar, Anivia, Annie, Vlad, Veigar.

Xtiangames

05-20-2011

Armor Pen, because even if you are going tank and even if you're hoping for long games, nothing will make your Q hit harder (and therefore frighten people into attacking you instead of your carry) than a stupidly big Q hit.

Kairno

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-20-2011

^ that