Unconventional Tactics (5 fort, 5 tele, all tanks)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DreidelFan

05-20-2011

Just before i went into work today rolled a game like this.

Our team : Urgot, Swain, Shen, Renekton, Janna

We went up against a 5 fort/5tele team of Malph, Rammus, Shen, Gragas and Swain ( mid of course)

As much as we were slaughtering them in kills (end game was like 40-12ish), the setup worked suprisingly well

For the most part, pushes in the laning phase only did about 1/4 health at best with all the forts. They knocked our first top tower, although we aced them during it.

Once teamfights began we were dominating, but pushing a turret, only to have 3-4 forts cover it was ruthless, needless to say we ended up having me (Urgot) as well as Shen, Swain and Renekton sit through enough turret hits to start downing them.

Game goes past 40 mins and were still trying to take out the 2nd wave of towers, our team gets aced, they manage to push into our base, past the inhib and just ignored us for like 2 waves of deaths each trying to kill the nexus.

So now its 50 mins in, everyone has full gear for the most part ( and yes we bought armour pen, in b4 herp derp u needs an amour pen scrub)

Manage to push into their base, forts popping up every CD, turns into a massive 10 minutes of slaying tanks and tanking fort hits, finally manage to get into that nexus and win

Needless to say thought the game would have been much worse, I feel like this strat could prevail if you dont feed the other team so much (17-2-14 as Urgot hell yes)

After seeing the nexus push we dealt with makes me feel like trying it myself

Opinions guys? anyone else encounter the 5 fort, 5 tele 5 tank?

BarbeqdBrwniez

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-20-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreidelFan View Post
Opinions guys? anyone else encounter the 5 fort, 5 tele 5 tank?
5 fort 5 tele on 2 tanks 1 tanky DPS (such as Xin or Renekton or Jarvan) 1 supercarry (such as ashe or MF) and 1 healer (such as soraka/sona, taric is best though) is better.

Lets say you pick Rammus, Amumu, Xin, Ashe, and Taric. Rammus goes straight tank, Amumu goes tanky AP just for a bit of extra damage on QWER, Xin goes tanky DPS, Ashe/MF goes glass cannon, and Taric goes AP/CDR. You can CC the HELL out of anybody that tries to take out that ashe, as well as heal all harassment, and you will be able to push almost infinitely.

But yeah, 5 fort/5 tele is great, especially if there is a huge push mid, and then the creeps get to top/bot turret and all 5 just TP top and take the turret and come back to mid.

Edit: More annoying is the 5 fort 5 tele Sona/Taric/Nidalee mid and two carries top/bot solo. You HAVE to do some lane changing or mid WILL die.

PhotonScatter

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-20-2011

This team also punishes you if you are around a turret, e.g. pushing, by taunting and then using Fortify. It also goes without saying, don't tower dive versus this.

Mejakallu

05-20-2011

I think split pushing can help to defuse this strategy. Fortify, while potent against full on pushes against one lane, is somewhat less effective against multiple lanes. Fortify only lasts 8 seconds and that's mostly time to allow your team to get there to defend. Split pushing offers you multiple opportunities to take out a tower.

In addition to that, them being all tanks makes them a lot less threatening as their damage output isn't nearly as potent.

If they had a couple more tanky DPS on their team instead of just straight tanks, you would had a lot more trouble.