4 x Fortify - whole team ranged AD starts mid

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

shm0

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-19-2011

Riot, I've experienced this 3 games today.. it seems to be the new trend... the enemy team is all(or mostly) ranged AD champs that get 4x fortify's and all of them go mid lane at the beginning... they down mid tower and there's very little you can do to stop them. They just keep all going mid until the inhib is down..

And when you try to push their towers they just spam fortify.

there needs something done about fortify spam.

Ov3rC1ock3d

05-19-2011

why not x5 bro?

Minty Fresh Doom

05-19-2011

why not just 5v5 them from the beginning then?

Reek

05-20-2011

Because then it just becomes ARAM, and your team probably doesn't have a decent team for that.

I haven't experienced this, but I can see how it would problematic... The best option would be to have 3 or 4 people defend mid while 1-2 farm side lanes/jungle. Then you'll get a huge level advantage, at which point you can switch to going all mid. You might lose one or two towers in mid, but you shouldn't lose the third by the time your level advantage is large enough to rape them. You probably won't lose more than 1 turret though. Just remember never to tower dive....

If you think that strategy is crazy, think about a 5-man revive/port team. "Awesome! We aced them!" Then suddenly they are all among you with 400 extra HP and a large movement buff. And they had a chance to buy some elixirs and junk. Long story short, good luck :-p

JakdaRippa

05-20-2011

agree with Socrdawg

keep a carry on both top and bot lanes to soak up all that XP and gold, keep wards in the river,surely 3 mid can defend the tower.
I wouldn't even push top or bot, just last hit everything stay on the tower side then you have 5 wasted summoner spells with their fortify.
seems like a good trick play to me but a decent team would just adapt. The only suck part of this I see is 5 fortify, that is a good plan i will try but all it really does is prolong the game imo.

JohnCataldo

05-20-2011

I've seen this stopped before. Usually 3v5 mid. Usually you DO lose mid tower, but slowly, and you do eventually take the side towers (Fortify doesn't last that long...)

And you WRECK them in XP this way. The five mid get **** XP, even if they take a tower.

If you let them get TWO towers while taking none yourself, either you have a horrible team comp for fighing this, or more likely you didn't put the right guys in the right lanes. You need three best creep killers in mid, not on the side lanes, so they have to at least tank most of the time if they want to hit your tower. A random tank or whatever can push a side lane against no one at all just fine.

VoidBro

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-20-2011

teleport is very handy in this situation.

BarbeqdBrwniez

05-20-2011

If you face this, just HARD push the side lanes, even if they have 5x fortify, that is only 35 seconds of invulnerability, with a 300 second cooldown on each of them. as long as you switch around so that an AOE/pusher hero is on sidelanes, you should be able to down the towers easily, not to mention getting an XP advantage.

They WILL stop your pushes VERY fast with fortify, but if you even get a few hits off then it will be fine, for every tower they get down in mid, you should get one top/bottom each.

Angelbelle

05-20-2011

3 mid +turret will probably be enough to kill 5 enemies, even if they get your turret down, it'll take a long time...they simply can't down the turret that fast and the turret hits too hard...at that time, u have 2 solo side lanes..they'd be screwed