DPS Rammus

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MotorizedStick

05-19-2011

This is an idea I have. Probably a horrible idea, because it takes one of the best tanks in the game and makes it DPS but I am just curious what people have to say on it.

So Powerballs AP ratio is 1 for 1. Which is fantastic. Defensive ball curl and tremors almost both work off of AP, and with defensive ball curl it gives the attacker a nice punch in the face.

So this is some items, through league craft, boast his damage significantly.

Rylai's Crystal Scepter
Thornmail
Mercury Treads
Rabadon's Deathcap
Lich Bane
Atma's Impaler

With the AP alone Rammus is hitting people for 700 damage with power ball, and defensive ball curl does 152 damage for each time the enemy hits him. I think it would be fun to play but will probably never get used. So I am wondering what the community thinks.

ErgonomicAxe

05-19-2011

You need to pick AD or AP and focus on that. And given Rammus' armor bonuses, why not go Zhonya's?

MotorizedStick

05-19-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErgonomicAxe View Post
You need to pick AD or AP and focus on that. And given Rammus' armor bonuses, why not go Zhonya's?
Was thinking about it but that is pretty expensive. I just might be a bad farmer with rammus.

ComradeHX

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-19-2011

DBC works off armor, not ap.

If you want DPS rammus; get warmogs + atmas and have some attackspeed marks and the 21 defensive mastery. Then max the CDR through Frozenheart, ghostblade, and raduins.

You still have great dps, tankiness(not much towards magic damage but that is okay because you are the dps rammus), and great teamfight presence(maxed CDR forces enemy AD carry to attack you; also lets you stay in DBC most of the time and powerball can be spammed for chasing/interrupting).

If you are good; you should be jungling and farming enemy champions when ganking.

MotorizedStick

05-20-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComradeHX View Post
DBC works off armor, not ap.

If you want DPS rammus; get warmogs + atmas and have some attackspeed marks and the 21 defensive mastery. Then max the CDR through Frozenheart, ghostblade, and raduins.

You still have great dps, tankiness(not much towards magic damage but that is okay because you are the dps rammus), and great teamfight presence(maxed CDR forces enemy AD carry to attack you; also lets you stay in DBC most of the time and powerball can be spammed for chasing/interrupting).

If you are good; you should be jungling and farming enemy champions when ganking.
Yeah. If you are good. Still working on he jungling bit.

Tacop84

05-20-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErgonomicAxe View Post
Pretty much this, if you feel you must go DPS then pick up tanky dps items.

For an AP build you might go something like this:

Sunfire Cape
Sorcerer's Shoes
Rylai's Crystal Scepter
Zhonya's Hourglass
Abyssal Scepter
Morello's Evil Tome

This gives you a little bit of everything and with DBC you are probably tanky enough.

You also probably need to rush Sunfire Cape to help you kill minions easier as Rammus' farm is very limited when tremors is on cooldown.

iLullaby

05-20-2011

ive seen an ap rammus it was pretty funny. what he would do is roll around to a turret and ult dewstroy it rediculously fast. his roll was hitting champs for obscene amounts (squishys taking like 30% of their hp) and his ult is pretty crazy. hes jsut not really viable though. its really just a troll build imo

Scabadoobop

Recruiter

05-20-2011

I actually build my Rammus with a similar intention. I have a very hard time playing a full on tank because the majority of the time, the carries on my team fail to deliver. When I play my tanks I try to include a way to do some damage without hindering my tanking capabilities too much. I introduce to you the "Jeeeze, this f-ing turtle thing won't get the hell off me and hurts" item guide.

Wriggles, Merc Treads, Thornmail, Banshees, Sunfirecape, Wits End.

No specific order past Wriggles/Merc Treads.

Wriggles is cool because it provides Damage AND Armor (Rammus's passive gains even more attack from his armor).

Thornmail adds even more attack damage through armor and makes your taunts/defense curl hurt even more through reflect damage.

Banshees for HP/Mana/MR and block stuns that ruin your powerball initiations.

Sunfire for even more AoE damage, defense and HP.

Wits end for massive MR/Attackspeed/Magic damage.

Here's the awesome part. When you defensecurl with these items, you'll have ridiculous attack damage because of your armor, you have a bit of leech (granted its not much) and some attack speed/magic damage.

When you powerball/taunt some unlucky *******, they're going to have to endure the following... from just YOU.

Thornmail damage
Defense Curl reflect damage
Sunfire Cape damage
Tremors damage
250+ AD's worth of auto attacks at a 1.150 attack speed (from your wriggles damage, Armor->AD from passive from your items and defense curl)
Wits end procs.

All this and you're still VERY tanky (300 armor, 150-180 MR while NOT in defense curl). While you may not have the benefits of true tank items such as Randuin's slow or Frozen Heart's aura, I don't feel it will truly affect Rammus's ability to survive and even though your items can't cc the enemy team, they will have a couple of reasons on their plate that prevent them from ignoring you as you can even proceed to dish out the hurt when your abilities are on their short cooldowns.

Though a build like this costs ~12000, you don't quite need to have it finished to distribute pain. Some of these items are luxury. While you may not do as much damage earlier on, your enemies shouldn't be farmed enough to take much of a beating yet either.

Also, this build allows you to jungle very, VERY quickly..

ComradeHX

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-20-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by spit piss blood View Post
Yeah. If you are good. Still working on he jungling bit.
I can jungle with rammus on smurf account without runes... no skill needed.