Eve Question About Skills

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TimmahIsASaint

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-19-2011

Should I max E instead of Q first? I always max out my Q first and don't even get my E till very late game. I only put 2 in w or the stealth and then I max out my hate spike and put points in my ult whenever possible and then I max out my E. FInally finishing with the remaining 3 points in w or shadow walk. I usually kill the first 2 golems which gives me a free lvl 2 but I believe it requires hate spike or Q. I don't jungle really beyond that although I do carry Smite to last hit big minions and for later jungling which I do. I like ganking and find that to be the best source of income for her but I do also do a fair amount of farming in lanes. In your guys's opinion should I max out my Q or E first? The problem is the golem is very nice early game and does give me essentially a free level. Thanks for all your opionions! DDDDD

My current build is : http://www.mobafire.com/league-of-le...ed-04-11-22131

Thanks for all help! DD

biomorph

05-19-2011

Generally your skill priority is R->E->W->Q
You start out with one point in W and despite the priority listed above you might want to squeeze in a extra point in W early as you go along because a mere 10 second stealth is really painful.
Being a Evelynn freak I have tried just about any build out there be it AP/AD/Hybrid and several fun builds as Sunfire (when they stacked) and AS/Crit etc.
The problem with Q is that even if it is spammable and the numbers might look great it simply isn't effective in practice, at least not compared to the current popular AP or Hybrid build.

EDIT: Jungle Evelynn is simply too slow for my taste nowadays so I always play roaming Evelynn (after farming Sheen).
In would recommend skipping Philo Stone and go straight for Sheen (starting with Mana Crystal + 2 HP pots) and replace Sorc Shoes with Mobility Boots. Sorc Shoes are great no question about it but the mobility has far greater value in the long run. Sheen and Mobility Boots are fast to farm and then you can be all over the map fast and gank hard. The key thing here is early-mid game dominance meaning you create early map control since your enemies have no idea where or when you will pop out. If no gank is pressing and you see a farm pot you rush to farm it and rush back into action, it may not be obvious but Mobility Boots makes you so much more effective as Evelynn seen over the entire game. Philo stone is a tender trap, I've used it my self, even that it has it's uses. The thing is that, sure, you can farm a lot more but that is not your job. Your job is to gank or aid ganks but creating a element of surprise and you want to do this asap. Getting Philo Stone is a step away from doing what you are supposed to as I see it and it slows you down in terms of becoming a effective ganker asap.

Coehabamba

05-19-2011

it really depends on if your going ap or dps....but with ap you want your e first...so that your initial nuke is way bigger...

Lorifel

05-20-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by biomorph View Post
Generally your skill priority is R->E->W->Q
Being a Evelynn freak I have tried just about any build out there be it AP/AD/Hybrid and several fun builds as Sunfire (when they stacked) and AS/Crit etc.
The problem with Q is that even if it is spammable and the numbers might look great it simply isn't effective in practice, at least not compared to the current popular AP or Hybrid build.
Hello, big bro =)
Can you, please, post a link to your new guide (in case there is one?)

biomorph

05-20-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorifel View Post
Hello, big bro =)
Can you, please, post a link to your new guide (in case there is one?)
Sup dawg! =)
Sure my guide is still here but I will hasten to say that you should not expect too much as it is now. It started out as a AP jungle guide since AD is a no brainer I felt compelled to provide an alternative. I was very effective up until the nerf bat hit jungle eve and especially if you try to go the AP way. The current state is a bit of a mess but I will take your interest as an incentive to update/convert it into a more generic guide
Check back in a few days time if you are still interested =P

Lorifel

05-23-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by biomorph View Post
Check back in a few days time if you are still interested =P
Are you going to add an AD/Hybrid section to your jungling guide or create a totally new one?
Either way, thanks in advance. =)

Please, after you update, send me a word at lorifel@mail.ru
It's a pain checking old threads on this forum )

Harbin

05-23-2011

Here's why you level up Hatespike instead of your Ravage. Your hatespike does more effective damage in an AoE, and does more DPS over time. If you're chasing people down more often, you might want to be leveling up your Q. If you're farming in the jungle/lane more often, you might want to level up your Q. If you're hitting people as hard as you can in one burst as your gank partner is like YAY FREE KILL, you want to level up your E. 14:3 in ranked with eve so far, hasn't gone wrong that often.

biomorph

05-23-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harbin View Post
Your hatespike does more effective damage in an AoE, and does more DPS over time.
It is true but there are a couple of problems with this:
#1 You are missing the burst and the (maximum) debuff effect on Ravage
#2 You are typically not allowed to stand and deal AoE damage in team fights for long enough for it to be effective at all.
#3 The whole notion of "over time" is really missing the best part about Evelynn.
#4 Your enemies have more time to counter you all together.

If you want sustained damage then you build AD/Hybrid and then your hate spike pales in comparison with the R + AA blender.

Quote:
If you're chasing people down more often, you might want to be leveling up your Q.
If you base your strategy around chasing people then you better rework your main strategy because generally speaking chasing is bad.

Quote:
If you're farming in the jungle/lane more often, you might want to level up your Q.
You should focus on farming players rather than creeps and even if you do you can farm creeps equally fine once you are say level 6+ and have Sheen or whater early key item you build.

Quote:
If you're hitting people as hard as you can in one burst as your gank partner is like YAY FREE KILL, you want to level up your E.
And this is what makes Evelynn feared and why she can be a extremely effective assassin.

ColonelArmy

05-23-2011

Get E first if you're going AP assassin with 1 lvl of Q for Sheen or Rylai proc and double stun. With this build you should harass with Stealth + hit with Sheen + Ravage + hit with Sheen then run back. Then charge up your mana again and repeat till your enemies drop to very low health. Then burst with your combo and activate your ult. Your burst will be excellent as your E scales pretty well with AP and reduces resistances for Q spam and whacks.

Get E first if you're going AD assassin with 1 lvl of Q for Sheen or Rylai proc and double stun. With this build you should harass with Stealth + hit with Sheen + Ravage + hit with Sheen then run back. Then charge up your mana again and repeat till your enemies drop to very low health. Then burst with your combo and activate your ult. Even if you build AD your burst early will still be great and remember that your E reduces resistances and increases the power of those slender legs.

Lorifel

05-25-2011

What do you think about this jungling guide guys?
http://www.squidoo.com/evelynn-guide-league-of-legends

EDITED: Oh, sorry. I guess I am being the lost one to come by a Smite/Revive Eve guide, oops...