Pantheon

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

iCaughtEmAll

05-19-2011

I know the general opinion is that he is pretty bad, but on paper all of his abilities are really cool and mesh well together. So what is it that makes him so underwhelming, and is he even worth a pickup

ErgonomicAxe

05-19-2011

Pantheon's base stats and lack of defense make him an easy target in any team fight as soon as he uses his shield stun to enter. He basically has to wait around like Yi until the fight is halfway over before jumping in, and so puts a lot of pressure on your team in the lategame. His ult is also useless in teamfights (unless you run revive on him). Unlike Yi his pushing is mediocre, he can't jungle, and unless he's really farmed many characters can take him 1v1. His laning is exceptional against some characters but others can zone him out easily.

His real strength comes at the end of the laning phase when he gets his ult and can gank lanes. He and TF are godlike around levels 6-12, absolutely the best in the game. Thereafter he drops off for the reasons I mentioned.

spit piss blood

05-19-2011

What I always wanted to know is if his Heart Seeker can proc things like Black Cleaver, or Frozen Mallet?