My critical Tristana build, is it good?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SunKyu

03-16-2010

475 Gold: Brawler's Gloves + 2 HP Potions (Starter Items)
795 Gold: Zeal
920 Gold: Berserker Greaves
4080 Gold: Infinity's Edge
2200 Gold: Phantom Dancer
1600 Gold: Executioner's Calling
3065 Gold: Black Cleaver
??? Gold: You decide.
http://www.leaguecraft.com/builder/T...a14bf9f92db3b7

Is it good? Please leave feedback as I will be using it!

Oh and for explanations.
475 Gold: Brawler's Gloves + 2 HP Potions (Starter Items)

These are a great way to give you the extra boost in damage that you can find no where else early game. 2 HP Potions to use up that gold.
795 Gold: Zeal
Cheap and efficient way to buck up on attack speed and critical chance. Also it gives movement speed, which is an extra bonus!
920 Gold: Berserker Greave
More attack speed FTW! You may want to get Mercury Treads if the other team is caster heavy, general info.
4080 Gold: Infinity's Edge
This great, attack damage and critical strike! Also compulsory because of the 250% critical damage change.
2200 Gold: Phantom Dancer
Ahh, now you got it going, dodge, attack speed, critical chance, and more movement speed. What more could you ask for? *cough*a UNIQUE Passive*cough*
1600 Gold: Executioner's Calling
Lifesteal and Critical strike, the extra survival with lifesteal is great, and use this whenever you see a healer or lifestealer on the other team.
3065 Gold: Black Cleaver
The damage is still a great boost, not to mention that the armor reduction may well get you to deal your full damage to them, or even have them go negative!
??? Gold: You decide.
If you aren't surviving well, get Banshee's Veil or Frozen Mallet. If you think the game is gonna last long, a Cloak of Agility is a quick way to get as close as possible to the 100% critical mark, and you can upgrade it to a PD or IE. (IE is better, since you'll hit the cap without the extra PD when using Rapid Fire.)

Eh, ehhhhhh?

wildfire393

03-16-2010

Hm... Tristiana already has a major attackspeed buff. In addition, Attackspeed and Critical Chance are only worthwhile if you already have damage.

I'd suggest sticking to the same items, more or less, just going out of order a bit.

Start - Doran's Shield and 1 HP Pot. This will give you a ton of survivability so you never have to leave lane.
First Trip Back - Try and have enough for a BF Sword. Otherwise, boots
Second Trip Back - BF Sword if you didn't get it before. Otherwise, boots
Third Trip Back - Upgraded Boots, Zeal.
Fourth Trip Back - Vamp Scepter, Cloak of Agility/Pickaxe
Fifth Trip Back - Infinity Edge
Sixth Trip Back - Up Zeal to Phantom Dancer
Seven Trip Back -Up Vamp to Calling
After that you can stack more BF Swords, Last Whisper, whatever you want. The key is getting that first BF Sword ASAP so that you have a solid damage basis to work from.

SunKyu

03-16-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildfire393 View Post
Hm... Tristiana already has a major attackspeed buff. In addition, Attackspeed and Critical Chance are only worthwhile if you already have damage.

I'd suggest sticking to the same items, more or less, just going out of order a bit.

Start - Doran's Shield and 1 HP Pot. This will give you a ton of survivability so you never have to leave lane.
First Trip Back - Try and have enough for a BF Sword. Otherwise, boots
Second Trip Back - BF Sword if you didn't get it before. Otherwise, boots
Third Trip Back - Upgraded Boots, Zeal.
Fourth Trip Back - Vamp Scepter, Cloak of Agility/Pickaxe
Fifth Trip Back - Infinity Edge
Sixth Trip Back - Up Zeal to Phantom Dancer
Seven Trip Back -Up Vamp to Calling
After that you can stack more BF Swords, Last Whisper, whatever you want. The key is getting that first BF Sword ASAP so that you have a solid damage basis to work from.
I knew someone would suggest getting BF at second trip back.

The thing is that extensive laning can lead to further harass and soon into a 1v1 battle. When the enemy dies, you should have low HP too, that's when you go back to heal and grab a cheap item. I'm talking about mid lane here, most mid laning will always have a showdown before level 8 to 10, which is when you get your B.F. sword. So grabbing seal for a cheap 795 gold is simple and easy. Get what I mean?

SunKyu

03-17-2010

Bump.

roninsm

03-17-2010

Don't start brawler's gloves. Your first item should be something that will allow you to stay in lane longer, not something that gives you a tiny dps increase.

Possible options: Regrowth pendant, doran's shield, Ruby crystal, doran's blade (I don't like this item), vamp scepter (requires a lot of auto attacking, which pushes lanes). Any of those would be better.

After that, order of items depends on how well you farm and how much you have on each trip back. In general, a BF sword first is ideal, but if you can't farm it up fast enough, Last Whisper is a good alternative. Phantom Dancer is kind of unnecessary. You have enough attack speed already.

Try to throw a survivability item in there somewhere or you'll be too squishy under focused fire. Banshees veil is usually the best choice, but it depends on situation. And make sure you are getting merc treads instead of bezerkers greaves.