Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

madreds or infinity edge

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Captain Odysseus

05-19-2011

for xin zhao i get the black clever and i was wondering if i should get madreds before infinity edge

FinalMystery

05-19-2011

If you have enough gold in the farming stages, getting madred's razor (part of bloodrazor) will help you farm gold from minions and get neutral buffs. If you are unable because someone else on your team is "claim hogging" it or you have a jungler and you want to be a team player, then it loses some of it's luster. If you are approaching double digits in levels, I would suggest infinity edge. While farming minions will still occur, its more about handling other champs by now instead of dancing around minions. In that instance, infinity edge would be a much better choice.

On the madred's note, if you got razor's from farming enough early on, the razors would help in farming even better which would allow you to upgrade to bloodrazor before getting infinity edge.

ErgonomicAxe

05-19-2011

Xin's attack speed scaling make Madred's a great item on him whether laning or jungling. I jungle with him and start with cloth armor, so it's kind of a no-brainer.

biomorph

05-19-2011

I find that Phantom Dancer and Black Cleaver is all you ever need on Xin.
I've never been a fan of Bloodrazor except for a few champions (Shaco with his clone, WW, Kog). I've tried it on Xin but returned to the PD/BC version as I think it just so darn effective. Three talon strike with crits is a ton of fun and just tears people up which is why a early Zeal can really help you get fed.
IE would be the better of the two but after PD and BC I hardly find my self in need of more damage items and IE is a heavy farm after that.

Snaketeeth01

05-19-2011

I feel zeal is a very important item to get early with any sort of melee char upgrading to phantoms when you feel the crits are needed. With xin having some stuns I would start with BF right after vamp scepter and boots.

From there I think you should consider bloodthirster, Infinity, or Cleaver. Infinity will net you more damage if you are consitant with %60 or higher crits. Otherwise you should get cleave to land bigger hits more consistantly.
I say bloodthirst compliments an AS build.
Infinity compliments a crit build.
Bloodthirst compliments when you want to nuke low armor heroes.

Know your enemies weakness, and your gameplay strength/rune build.