Lux Builds?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Serpent Of Old

05-19-2011

I run her as early support gank, mid-game support backdraft, and end-game support gank.

Only trouble is the fact that I'm pretty weak mid-game (lv 8-11) and I don't know why.

Any cool AP builds and rune spreads? I need to be able to jab back at pushers to get them off me.

atsmith893

05-19-2011

Depending on how you rune you may need to start with either ring or boots.

After that I typically build the following:
Fiendish Codex
Boots 1
Finish Codex -> Morellos Tome
Ionian Boots
Deathcap
Whatever is needed here, either more AP or a void staff

MityMouse

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-19-2011

I use magic pen reds, mana regen per level yellows, flat cdr blues, and flat AP quints. For skills I get Q at level one, the prioritize R>E>Q>W. Sometimes I get W earlier for support if I'm laning with a late game carry or something. For items I get Tear, cdr boots, DeathCap, Lich Bane, then AA staff. I'm still messing with this build a bit to see if an earlier lich band will even do much.

Draygo Korvan

05-19-2011

get 10% cdr from masteries and runes

Do not build Ionian boots.

Build a Morello's Tome as your only CDR item, and buy blue ap/cdr pots.

This puts you at max cdr, max cdr is exactly where you want to be as lux.

For boots simply get the mpen, it ups your damage significantly early. Build a hunting guise at some point, for more mpen. If the game gets extremely late, swap the hunting guise for a void staff.

As far as other items you can take multiple routes, either get a bit tanky if you have trouble staying out of danger (like build an RoA and a BV) or go AP (Deathcap, AA)

In most games you are pretty well off getting a soulstealer as well, judge it based on how the game is going, generally if the game is even or your team is winning its a good buy. There are lots of situations even when your team is losing getting it is a good idea. Generally if you can prevent yourself from getting killed every fight its a good buy. And if you are dying every single fight or every other fight its not going to be a good buy.

Gunna place this again for tl;dr:

gom99

05-19-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draygo Korvan View Post
I'll sign this comment, getting CDR boots destroys your midgame. All early CDR does is make you run out of mana quicker. Sorc shoes makes you a devastating poke champ early to mid game.

Summoners: Flash/Ghost or Exhaust

Runes: MPen / Mp5 / APlvl / Flat AP Quints

Core Items:
Sorc Shoes, Deathcap, 1-2 Philo stones

Skilling
If mid: E -> Q -> E -> W
if lane: Q -> E -> E -> W

After that R -> E -> Q -> W

If you feel you need more shied get it to 2 or 3 sooner if you like.

Build:
Regen Pendant + hp pot
Philo stone 1
T1 Boots
Philo stone 2
Sorc Shoes
NLR/Blasting
Deathcap
Lichbane/DFG
Void staff/Hourglass/Banshees/Quicksilver

Reasoning
The philostones help keep you in the lane farming so you get your stuff quicker. It also allows you to use your abilities more liberally and makes you virtually not harassable (a big issue for Lux). Since you get them early most games they end up making you money by the 20 minute mark or so. I usually complete Deathcap by 19-25.

Lichbane or DFG? Lichbane if it's safe to follow up with an auto attack or you need to wreck towers. Otherwise get DFG.

Void staff, Hourglass, Banshees, QSS? Hourglass if you're being focused heavily, you'll probably want void staff after hourglass anyway. Banshees or Quicksilver if there are some ranged stuns that are getting you. I usually get QSS vs. Amumu, Veigar and things like that.

vulpixel

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-19-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by gom99 View Post
I'll sign this comment, getting CDR boots destroys your midgame. All early CDR does is make you run out of mana quicker. Sorc shoes makes you a devastating poke champ early to mid game.

Summoners: Flash/Ghost or Exhaust

Runes: MPen / Mp5 / APlvl / Flat AP Quints

Core Items:
Sorc Shoes, Deathcap, 1-2 Philo stones

Skilling
If mid: E -> Q -> E -> W
if lane: Q -> E -> E -> W

After that R -> E -> Q -> W

If you feel you need more shied get it to 2 or 3 sooner if you like.

Build:
Regen Pendant + hp pot
Philo stone 1
T1 Boots
Philo stone 2
Sorc Shoes
NLR/Blasting
Deathcap
Lichbane/DFG
Void staff/Hourglass/Banshees/Quicksilver

Reasoning
The philostones help keep you in the lane farming so you get your stuff quicker. It also allows you to use your abilities more liberally and makes you virtually not harassable (a big issue for Lux). Since you get them early most games they end up making you money by the 20 minute mark or so. I usually complete Deathcap by 19-25.

Lichbane or DFG? Lichbane if it's safe to follow up with an auto attack or you need to wreck towers. Otherwise get DFG.

Void staff, Hourglass, Banshees, QSS? Hourglass if you're being focused heavily, you'll probably want void staff after hourglass anyway. Banshees or Quicksilver if there are some ranged stuns that are getting you. I usually get QSS vs. Amumu, Veigar and things like that.
This is a very good one, though i usually end up grabbing hourglass and void staff before lichbane/morellos. And throw in a SS if you are getting assists without dying much (pays for itself in 4 stacks if you have a deathcap). The one problem I find is that lategame, after selling philos, you need blue buff, baron buff, or a morellos to keep up constant mana.