Sellback Option?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DreidelFan

05-20-2011

Im sure everyone has encountered a similar situation, you buy the wrong starting, item, maybe you click too fast and pick up 2 pairs of boots. Regardless you've nerfed your hard earned gold selling back whatever it is you didnt want to buy.

What I propose is some kind of sellback system, maybe in the first 10 seconds, or before you leave the shop platform, you have the ability to sell back whatever items were purchased in that visit/last 10 seconds for full price.

Not a huge issue, but it is rather annoying to lose a few hundred gold by misclicking/accidentally double clicking....

Amatzikahni

05-20-2011

This has been discussed many times before. It seems that everyone who has their sound turned very low cannot hear the purchase through their speakers and thinks it doesn't go through so they do another double click. I only use the "Buy" button when I'm grabbing 5 pots on Shaco due to timing; there's no reason to be so hasty when you're in the middle of the game. Take an extra second on the platform and make sure you made the correct clicks; you're still sitting there with sub-max health/mana anyway, so the extra time in the purchase window isn't wasted until you're actually scrolling through menus.

Incoming stream of supporters downvoting me and opposers claiming that 10 seconds allows global ult people to become OP.

Gummibear

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-20-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amatzikahni View Post
This has been discussed many times before. It seems that everyone who has their sound turned very low cannot hear the purchase through their speakers and thinks it doesn't go through so they do another double click. I only use the "Buy" button when I'm grabbing 5 pots on Shaco due to timing; there's no reason to be so hasty when you're in the middle of the game. Take an extra second on the platform and make sure you made the correct clicks; you're still sitting there with sub-max health/mana anyway, so the extra time in the purchase window isn't wasted until you're actually scrolling through menus.

Incoming stream of supporters downvoting me and opposers claiming that 10 seconds allows global ult people to become OP.
Although being careful and taking the extra time is a good idea, we all make mistakes for various reasons (there is a tournament match video of CLG vs. TSM where TheOddOne buys boots, ward, pot on Trundle, thinking he was Nunu by accident). I've bought an Aegis before not realizing that someone else on my team had already built one. There are plenty of reasons this could happen.

What it comes down to is that this system couldn't hurt in any way. People who buy the right item are in no way punished, but people who make silly mistakes are still capable of correcting them. The only reason you wouldn't want this system is if (programming reasons aside), for some reason, you thought that it is a good thing for the game to punish people quite heavily for a minor slip-up in interacting with the UI.