Solo Queue Jungler

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Two Swords

05-19-2011

I can't decide between getting udyr, Shaco, or Trundle as a jungler for solo queue games (normal and ranked). I want someone who will fit easily with most team comps. Kinda leaning towards Trundle or Udyr because they can be more tanky but Shaco looks like fun with his flash and he can back door well.

Tha Dynamite

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-19-2011

I find Shaco to be a weaker jungler compared to the other two. He does have certain great advantages, but hes easily countered.

Between Udyr or Trundle, its usually decided on the opponent's team composition.
Against a tanky team, you'd want Trundle. His abilities dramatically decrease the effectiveness of tanks.
Against a squishy team, you'd want Udyr. His burst in Tiger stance is incredible.

But that isn't the defining factor, really. Between the two, it really comes down to preference and playstyle. They're both pretty amazing junglers.

Snaketeeth01

05-19-2011

Shaco is more for luring people to their death.

Place a turret into a bush then engage an enemy. when they hit you, run to your bush and let them advance, as soon as they are in range you burst them down. If your taking signifcant hits split in two and you now have %50 he will pick the wrong target, or he will play smart and damage both of you while he's taking hard damage. Since this is happening in the jungle its very easy to find a point to make a safe flash escape and run to safety.
in TF however I find shaco far less helpfull than Udyr.

With Udyr being able to turtle and run he provides the ability to lure quite effectively turning to burst when friendly support is nearby.
I've also seen udyr as a decent anti jungler.

Due to versatility I vote Udyr.

Tha Dynamite

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-19-2011

Oh yeah, forgot to mention that Udyr is a lot more susceptible to CC.
Udyr's speed boost is pretty short until about level 10 if you decide to level it over Turtle. Trundle's speed boost lasts a lot longer. Plus, he has CC reduction while on contaminated ground.