I'm convinced this is the best way to play Corki in pubs.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Bletzkarn

05-19-2011

If you feel like an easy game, this just rapes everything when you are playing as Corki.

Go mid / solo.

- Sapphire Crystal + 2 pots.

- Tear of the Goddess

- Merc Treads

- Manamune

- Catalyst

- Sheen

- Banshee's Veil

- Phage

- Glacial Shroud

- Trinity Force

- Frozen Heart

- Choice

Corki is amazing, he is an incredibly good farmer, and almost un-gankable with his dash. I just role this build every single game, you never run out of mana, you are tanky as all hell and you still dish out crazy amounts of damage.

xahhfink6

05-19-2011

That build sounds ****ing awful... learn what DAMAGE items are... you have like, ONE of them

Warrrrax

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-19-2011

It seems like an ok build but I agree that more damage emphasis is needed. You extoll the virtues of his excellent escape spell but then take quite a bit of defense.

Tear->Manamune is efficient and solves mana issues. It is a bit weaker early on though while your mana pool is still minimal.

Triforce is pretty good too. The speed is definitely a huge boost and Corki spams enough that he can take good advantage of both the slowing and the Damage procs. He benefits from the AD, AS heavily and has some gains with the crit and AP.

I take a Negatron and eventually upgrade to a banshee but I would not start with an early catalyst and do banshee early. You want some MR to avoid getting bursted, but otherwise want more offense.

A Bloodthirster is a good item on Corki, having lots of pure AD plus some very nice life leech for healing.

A black cleaver is an excellent finisher with AD, AS, and high armor penetration.

I don't think you need all that much cooldown reduction, nor do you typically take enough sustained physical beatings to need additional armor. Not getting stunned and bursted is the main goal as you can escape shortly thereafter.

On the other hand, remember that the heavy AD emphasis is mostly because you weave autoattacks with rockets,gatling, and spells. NOT because of spell scaling! Your Ult has a 0.2 scale which is truly awful...its twice as bad as Ryze's Q AP scaling per gold cost! However, gatling scales very nicely with AD.

xXxPapaBearxXx

05-19-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bletzkarn View Post
If you feel like an easy game, this just rapes everything when you are playing as Corki.

Go mid / solo.

- Sapphire Crystal + 2 pots.

- Tear of the Goddess

- Merc Treads

- Manamune

- Catalyst

- Sheen

- Banshee's Veil

- Phage

- Glacial Shroud

- Trinity Force

- Frozen Heart

- Choice

Corki is amazing, he is an incredibly good farmer, and almost un-gankable with his dash. I just role this build every single game, you never run out of mana, you are tanky as all hell and you still dish out crazy amounts of damage.
I play this build on GP

Manamune + Trinity Force + Frozen Heart + Banshee's Veil is great on a lost of chars with spammable skills.

You'll get down-voted by the terrible IE+ 3 PD on EVERYONE pubby crowd :P Of course you'll have the last laugh when your character doesn't die the instant a kitten looks at it funny.

Bletzkarn

05-19-2011

Remeber that 20% CDR = damage.

Also this is a pub build. Even tanks build damage in pubs.

Also the longer you are alive, the more damage you are doing.

LouieTheHedgehog

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-19-2011

i don't need survivability in pubs.

you're crazy.

Warrrrax

05-20-2011

For most champs you do want survivability even if you are a carry such as Ashe. However, Corki can poke at extreme range safely and still contribute unlike most AD carries.
He also has one of the best escape mechanisms around. As such, he does not need AS MUCH survivability as some other champions. I did not say None at all.

Ashe will likely take a Banshees veil and little else for survivability even with no escape mechanism. Would you suggest Ashe take a Warmogs, Glacial Shroud, etc and not bother to take an IE and PD?
Course not. An ashe that does no damage is useless.

Corki has grenade and rocket so he is still usable with no damage items. But clearly as an AD carry, his job is to deal damage. This requires damage items.
A build with 1 weak damage item and a bunch of tanky stuff is not a good one regardless of how well it survives. In order to make a real impact, he needs some damage.

CDR does NOT equal damage for everyone. Corki will crank out rockets faster so this is true. However, CDR will not help his Gatling in the least. He is also unlikely to use more than 1 or 2 grenades per fight, so CDR doesnt help that. CDR doesnt help his Valk either since its either an escape mechanism OR a chaser.