Honestly, I'm not Trolling [Trundle ?'s]

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Herne

05-19-2011

So I picked up the Troll yesterday, and after hundreds of games having to risk hide and hair with a Warwick gank at level 6, am loving the power o' the Pillar and the escapability of Contaminate when things go south.

My original intention was to build as a jungling full-tank/initatior, planning to go Wriggles, Frozen Mallet, and then... I was not entirely sure. Frozen Heart, Banshee's Veil. Or something, if it got that far. Every guide I've read has extolled Merc Treads to increase Tenacity with Contaminate..... and Triforce.

Man is Triforce expensive. Yea, I know Mallet is too, but jungle or not, I like being free to let my carry get Red come late game. I think I'd want CDR more than damage, especially if I expect to get two pillars in one team fight!

so:

1) Is full tank/initiator viable?
2) Recommended item builds to do so?

Draghinaazzo

05-19-2011

I run trundle in lane (more ganks I find and I save money on the wriggles). The only damage item I pick up is frozen mallet, everything else is tanky. I don't actually tank with him, but I'll init then run out and back in and then ill commit super hard with my ult on thier tank. Once ult wears off I run out again.

I find this to be my best way to play him. Thanks to contaminate I rarely if ever die in a game so I grab a levithan and troll at 20 stacks.

Herne

05-19-2011

Appreciated. Leviathans sounds thematically appropriate for a trollolol game, but I've definitely got characters I'm stronger in-lane with. Dancing in and out of a teamfight, skirmishing, sounds sweet, but definitely going wriggles first and jungling.

...Leviathans. Hmm...

Bumbah

05-19-2011

early sheen damage is too good to pass up. My core is wriggles (start with vamp scepter for jungle) merc treads, sheen, then build tanky with BV, FoN, etc. Finish up Triforce after tank items if u wish. I'm not a frozen mallet advocate - too spendy for what u get. Sheen has more bite (pun intended)
For team fights, initiate with pillar - spreads them out, then ult the tank, then bite the AD carry for the sap. Don't focus the tank, just pop ur ult on him and leech his armor/MR while FF whoever your carry is attacking. Don't drop contaminate until the fight has been initiated