Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Question about farming with Vayne

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Archangell

05-19-2011

Well im having trouble farming up with vayne in her early game phase and it does affect my mid/end game items/score.
So anyone got any tip on how to rack up minion kill quickly and have some champion kill along the way with vayne ?

Cyndikate

05-19-2011

Last hit. Meaning let the minions attack each other, and you nuke when they're low on HP. Vayne's a ranged DPS and it's really not hard to last hit with her.

Archangell

05-19-2011

Is the there a good way to last hit with range ? not really use to them actually

Cyndikate

05-19-2011

Quote:
Archangell:
Is the there a good way to last hit with range ? not really use to them actually

I just told you the simplest way. You need to allow the minions to do enough damage to each other and then when one of them is low on health, you attack it. If you last-hit successfully, you get gold. Don't auto attack the minions, because you deprive yourself of gold, and you will push the lane. Last hitting is the most important technique to learn, and if you want to succeed you better learn it. Ranged DPS have the easiest time last hitting IMO.

If you're really impatient, I know of a trick that might help you last hit even fast. It's easy, but it takes practice.

It's not auto attacking, but it's more like "poking" the creeps, until they're low enough on health to last hit. For example: Poke, back off, poke, back off, and last hit it.

Shosuko

Recruiter

05-19-2011

Ya load up a custom game, give yourself a dumb bot to go against...

Then practice hitting each minion ONLY ONCE to kill them. Use your auto attack.

Cyndikate

05-19-2011

Quote:
Shosuko:
Ya load up a custom game, give yourself a dumb bot to go against...

Then practice hitting each minion ONLY ONCE to kill them. Use your auto attack.

Or no bots at all.

truonq

05-19-2011

2 things that make last hitting easier for me - for all champs:

1. know exactly how much my auto atk hit will reduce each minion's HP bar at the time. Test this out by hitting a minion with full HP first to know, then hang back and start last hitting

2.the higher dmg you have, the easier and the sooner for you to last hit, so if you have problem last hitting, try to go with item that boosts your damage, like doran's blade at the start might help (does push the lane a little since you get to last hit sooner, but it also helps preventing your lane being pushed)

in real situations, you will have your lane enemies trying to mess up your last hitting by harassing or push ( so your turret will mess up your last hitting), and then you have those cannon minions on your side & your lane partner that will make your last hitting a bit more difficult - solution to these varies: getting higher auto attack dmg or use your abilities, out harassing them while still last hitting, ganks, etc... this has to do with your experiences - SO i RECOMMEND that you practice your last hitting with actual games, not bot games.

for Vayne in particular:
-Silver Bolt helps: try to get 2 rings on the minion and the next shot will ensure your last hit - does take practice
-Tumble helps: low mana cost, especially if you rush sheen first (not me) - this is a rare case, usually under extreme situation where other options fail
- Smite on Vayne: no joke, Vayne is really item dependent, so the faster you get the gold for your items, the better your game you will be. Of course Smite is pretty much useless late game, and there are much much better summoner spells to take, so only get Smite if you really need the extra gold early, use your own judgement on this. For me, I weigh the speed of getting items on Vayne more than 1 summoner spell's usefulness. Other benefits of Smite: Help your jungler do Blue or Red at lvl 1, smite a small wolf for some head start exp, faster dragon and buffs, smite cannon minions to prevent push, counter push etc.

hope that helped