Revive in Twisted Treeline

12
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

empew

Junior Member

05-19-2011

So, I know that revive is almost a joke amongst decent players, but lately i have been using it in twisted treeline, and it has served me pretty well. How many games have you guys lost to an untimely ace? And the sprint aura that it gives upon activation almost gets you across the
entire map! I have died in teamfights, and made it back in time to mop up, (much to the indignation of the opposing team).

I am mainly posting this to get thoughts on the actual viability of the spell...am I just being a noob?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

RoflTroll

Senior Member

05-19-2011

While there's some occasions where having Revive can give you some spotlight moment, chances are those moments started with you LOSING.

It's a spell that require you to give your opponent a headstart(you dying), and if your opponent are all alive, chances are you won't win the 1 v 3.

The spell's weakness is especially evident in Treeline, where games are faster, so that 9 minute cooldown takes a bigger chunk of the game time.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Atermel

Master Recruiter

05-19-2011

Revive serves you well if you die.... why are you dying?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mattrellen

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

05-19-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atermel View Post
Revive serves you well if you die.... why are you dying?
Flash serves you well if you are ganked...why are you being ganked?

Fortify serves you well if your towers are under attack...why are your towers under attack?

Ignite serves you well if you aren't finishing...why aren't you finishing?

Generally, we like to plan for things that we wouldn't like to happen, but we know they will. If you are so great that you have never died and are the top player in the world, my hat off to you.

However, us mere mortals die sometimes, normally every game.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Powerstoned

Member

05-19-2011

Well that's just silly. Is that what you wanted to hear? You wouldn't rather have an ignite or exhaust?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

RoflTroll

Senior Member

05-19-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattrellen View Post
Flash serves you well if you are ganked...why are you being ganked?

Fortify serves you well if your towers are under attack...why are your towers under attack?

Ignite serves you well if you aren't finishing...why aren't you finishing?

Generally, we like to plan for things that we wouldn't like to happen, but we know they will. If you are so great that you have never died and are the top player in the world, my hat off to you.

However, us mere mortals die sometimes, normally every game.
Flash can also be used to close gap, jump over wall (whether to initiate or to escape), etc.

Fortify will give you +9 damage against minions/neutrals, meaning you can jungle faster with it even if your towers aren't being pushed.

Ignite also cut down regen/healing on the target, so that Soraka can't outheal your burst instead of your target survive and all your stuffs are on cd.

You see, other summoner spells can be used more than defensively, not to mention they usually have less than 5 minutes cooldown.

With Revive, you either died to neutrals and put it on 9 minute cooldown, or you give your opponent exp/gold before you get to use it and hopefully catch them again before they escape back to base.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

empew

Junior Member

05-19-2011

...Well, another thought occurred to me. Why not put the mastery into it and suicide into their top tower right at the beginning of the game? Free health boost sounds pretty good, and if they are not there, then they don't get the gold for the assist, right?

And it seems to me that yes, it does have a heck of a long c/d, but in a decent TT game, aren't you only dying a couple of times anyway?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Nickicksu

Senior Member

05-19-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by empew View Post
...Well, another thought occurred to me. Why not put the mastery into it and suicide into their top tower right at the beginning of the game? Free health boost sounds pretty good, and if they are not there, then they don't get the gold for the assist, right?

And it seems to me that yes, it does have a heck of a long c/d, but in a decent TT game, aren't you only dying a couple of times anyway?
heh yeah that's what I used to do with old alistar with ruby crystal, masteries, and runes. Trolololing with1320 HP at level 1 teamfight isn't that bad


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

JinTonik

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

05-19-2011

in my opinion usually only the tank needs revive, he should the one taking all the damage and dying and reviving would get him back to helping his team right away

other types of character shouldnt die as much if u have a decent tank to help you


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lizto

Senior Member

05-19-2011

I rather get a spell that will help me get the kill during a battle and thus save me from death. So I prefer Exhaust/Ignite (mostly exhaust)


12