[Shaco Guide] out of the box build, and how i play shaco!!!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

The Tyrant

Adjudicator

03-16-2010

Build: Heart of Gold -> Heart of Gold -> Heart of Gold -> Berserker Greaves -> ma lady-> last whisperer -> infinity edge
----------------------------------------------------

Abilities
- Deceive and shiv, but make sure shiv has that one extra point.
Summoner Abilities - Exhaust, and Ignite

How i play early game: i first start of with getting the health ruby (don't know why i can't remember the name right now)then blue pill immediately when i reach 500gold, meaning i can buy my heart of gold. and keep doing that until you have enough for each heart of gold, try to last long enough, so you only need to go back only 3 times for each Heart of gold.

as for combat, I try my best to do a lot of harassing with deceive + shiv nukes, as i am sure every other shaco does. but play safe though, if you're getting taking too much damage for each time you harass, just lay low and if anything focus on getting last hits with shiv, or just harass with shiv. your choice, i prefer the last hitting though. you will be able to harass a lot more once you get your first, or 2nd heart of gold. and try to use shacos ult quite a lot, it has a pretty fair low CD, and the possibilities you can do with his illusion are high, whether its using illusion in a brush and then try to use it as bait, or if your pushing a tower use it so you can drop it quicker.

What inspired you to make this build Tyrant?: well playing as shaco, even if i enter the battle first or last. I am usually getting wailed on by the AoE, or just attacked first the moment i appear. I am dying way too quick to actually do anything for the team.

But now you do no damage and are useless to the team: Not true, i have played against other shacos, and the extra damage from the items they have while i have my three heart of gold, and berserker greaves, causes me to do even, or maybe even more damage over all for two reasons. 1. that boost of damage they have over me is not that much more, 2. I live much longer so i am able to

When should i sell my heart of gold(s), and is this build good late game?: Keep your heart of gold(s) as long as possible, meaning. keep them until you have no room for that next item you're going for. Yes, very much so. correct me if i am wrong, i feel like i have heard people complain about Shaco being sucky late game. but with this build, i feel a lot more powerful over a lot of other champions. and with this build by late game, you got survivability and amazing DPS.

With this build are you a good back door champion?: yes. with the easy abilities to tank towers, do much more damage to structures with your illusion, and easily escape with deceive/flash.

I see what you're saying, but is this a good team build?: I fly solo usually, lack of team mates wanting to work with me, maybe that i was drawn to this build, i needed that survivability. But yes, i think so. As i said above, the damage difference is very little, for that much survivability you get.

Whats your k/d ratio every match?: Here is my latest matches, 10-0, 14-1, 6-3-, 5-3, 13-2, 9-0, 8-1, and 10-0. the 6-3, and 5-3, me just having bad games.

Note: only lost one of these 8 games as Shaco. (Solo ques)

What runes?: Crit Damage

okay, i tryed this, and it sucked, what now?: Try playing it more, maybe you just had a bad game. Because i am finding this build a lot more useful then i ever did with the DPS one.

Well after using this for a long time now, I think i maybe have perfected it finally!!!

Hope you like my build/stragety!!!- The Tyrant

bob1645

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-16-2010

Hey man I tried this build and I quite like it. With 3 heart of golds you are way more durable. Last game I got 18/1/14 using your build.

Getting gold and becoming super stacked with items is a lot easier, the gold really helps push your items. Most games you would end up with a full set of items, even when it doesn't drag out longer than normal (I seldom finish all items with other champs).

I will keep using this build and provide more feedback, but so far I am liking it!

Cheers.

Jahwohl

03-16-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Tyrant View Post
only a level 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Tyrant View Post
Honestly not sure, maybe i am just facing very bad players the games i have played.
Nuff said. This build doesn't work at all.

The Tyrant

Adjudicator

03-16-2010

@bob: awesome, really glad to hear that someone else is finding it somewhat useful too!

@jahwohl: If it makes it any better, i am always paired up against 30s, people say its my elo. but who knows right!?

The Tyrant

Adjudicator

03-16-2010

bump!

Fr05tbite

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-16-2010

I just want to know how a level 19 guy becomes an Adjudicator?

Homoexplosion

03-17-2010

What is your skill priority? JitB, Deceive or Shiv?

Franz Josef

03-17-2010

Quote:
What is your skill priority? JitB, Deceive or Shiv?
Quote:
Abilities - Deceive and shiv, but make sure shiv has that one extra point

Quote:
Nuff said. This build doesn't work at all
Signed. It's another of this "Let's build something noone expects"-Ideas that come up once in a while (anybody read the critdinger guide btw?
Though Shaco can be two tanks, if there's a tank on the team (which would be good), it's pretty useless to throw away killing potential for being a subtank.

The Tyrant

Adjudicator

03-17-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franz Josef View Post

Signed. It's another of this "Let's build something noone expects"-Ideas that come up once in a while (anybody read the critdinger guide btw?
Though Shaco can be two tanks, if there's a tank on the team (which would be good), it's pretty useless to throw away killing potential for being a subtank.

I would actually suggest you try it. because i am convinced that its equal or better then the "DPS build" for shaco.

Fbsunny

03-17-2010

With no mana regen runes and no mana regen items you will not be able to harass well at all, and even late game you will be struggling to have enough mana to get kills.