dps build TF

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Adachi is bm LB

03-16-2010

anyone got a good one? cant seem to find one post patch.

Chiliem

03-16-2010

After 3 practice games and a real game with TF:

I only tried DPS fate. I might give AP TF a try but I'm not liking the nerf on Meijai's

As starting items I settled with:
boots+ 3hp pots
Sheen (buy the null magic mantle first if you're having survival issues with magic)
Merc Threads
Tri Force

and the game usually ends here.

I didn't have enough time to buy dmg items (bf sword into an infinity edge) before we were winning the game. I don't know if it's because I'm playing practice games where people are trying out new champs so it was easier or something. The real game I played I got fed.... so I can't count that.

I tried to buy a BF sword after boots first, but I didn't find that it did too much. Sheen first seems to be the better choice.

TF's passive is doing too much damage on squishies during the laning phase, even at lvl 1. Wait 2-3 hits, gold stun, and hit again. I did that multiple times. I managed to out push a sivir in mid in one game because her shield was useless vs the dmg I was doing. (I'm speced for Crit Chance so I crit hit with the passive and PaC a few times on a Kass. The dmg is too ridiculous)

blue card made last hitting too easy, especially with his passive. Red card in conjunction with his passive is great when you're pushing minions (timing might be an issue when you're waiting for that red card). Mana isn't much of an issue so I don't go Saphire Crystal as a starting item anymore. I might even try an Amplifying Tome first or a red or green pot first. I'll try that when the servers are up again.

I tried to build a catalist first, but I felt like I was gimping TF early game. I buy merc threads first for survivability instead.

I haven't tried Rageblade yet. I feel that it's too expensive for what it gives. I'm also doing a lot of hit and runs (gold card/stacked deck combo) for me to accumulate stacks. The only time where I'm standing still and constantly hitting is when we're chasing. I'll give it a shot anyways.

Interesting note: Blue card/inhibitor trick works. note: you didn't seem to regain the mana more than once tho. Can someone please check?

Chiliem

03-16-2010

I might try the new Sword of the Occult if I see that we're steam rolling. The newly buffed Leviathan looks like a cheap alternative for survivability. My main issue right now is finishing my items before the game ends, lol.

If the game last longer I might go Black Cleaver or Infinity edge and then a survivabilty item (I get targeted end game).

Can't say without testing it tho. I wish the servers were up again.