Team Composition.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Jhabberwoky

08-28-2009

I've seen several excellent guides for individual heroes on here, but there seems to be a distinct lack of threads discussing team composition. Me and my friends have played several games and are running a very similar lineup each time, picking 5 of the below heroes without overstocking too excessively on one particular archetype of hero.

Tanks (usually 2+):
Nunu
Singed
Kayle

Disables/Casters (1-2):

Anivia
Kassadin
Ryze

Damage Dealers (whatever is left over):

Ashe
Sivir
Sion

Now, obviously this is by no means a perfect or complete list, but it's what we find works for us and plays into our skills. Having Nunu gives us a huge advantage in experience, as we get 2 solo lanes since the Nunu player is exceptional at jungling. For those curious, I am usually Singed or Sivir, although I'm trying to learn Ryze and Morgana, and sometimes sub in as Sion, usually when I'm not needed as anything else.

Now, obviously this isn't the winning combo, but it has proved effective for us. The tanks are all highly mobile and aggravating. Nunu due to his ultimate, Singed due to tossing and poison, and Kayle because of speed boosting allies and having a ridiculous nuke if an ally dies before her. Throw one or two of those into a fight with some good disables and one guy blowing stuff up and things get messy. However, I do see room for improvement. I'd say the "fantasy lineup" probably looks something like:

Singed/Nunu
Morganna/Ryze
Taric
Jax/Master Yi/Tryndamere
Sivir/Ashe

Now, I'm not claiming by any stretch of the imagination to be an expert. If someone comes in here and demolishes my team, well, fine by me, back to the drawing board. But, I would like to get some discussion started as to team matrixes and so on.

Yuralz

08-28-2009

Tbh the "best" lineup in the current state of the game is Jax, Karthus (these two for sure), Taric (Mixed opinions but I feel that he's quite powerful), Alistar and Ashe.

Krazyshadow

08-29-2009

Yuralz has a pretty good lineup there.

Nerdz

Adjudicator

08-29-2009

I would probably remove Alister and Ashe from Yuralz and replace with, Singed//Nunu and Tristana, No one has talked about Tristana but she has, very good base health, can carry your entire team no problem, and also takes down towers in a matter of seconds, I find myself playing with Taric + Tristana combo, and we can easily clear 2 towers in a minute or less around lvl 10 to 12. She also has a good knockback very usefull in fights to kickback tanks.

Rokudan

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

The Council

08-29-2009

Jax, Karthus, Taric, Singed, Sivir. Assemble!

Lolex

08-30-2009

I'm with Yuralz, except remove Alistar and put in a real tank like Singed/Nunu as Nerdz said. Other then that it's probably next to unbeatable if played right and with the right spells/runes.

jinsho

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-01-2009

how bout some aoe comps:

amumu stacked wit sunfire capes
nunu
fiddlesticks
karthus
ashe

amumu can initiate most of the time by slinging in and using his ult and everyone can just join in the fun.

SmecssRaege

09-01-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by jinsho View Post
how bout some aoe comps:

amumu stacked wit sunfire capes
nunu
fiddlesticks
karthus
ashe

amumu can initiate most of the time by slinging in and using his ult and everyone can just join in the fun.

haha the though alone of:

curse of sad mummy > absolute zero+crowstorm +wall behind / karthus ulti.... is kind of very appealing xD

jinsho

09-01-2009

haha ya theres so many fun aoe comps to play with.

Logo

09-01-2009

I'm a fan of the aura lineup (it's pretty amusing)

Taric, Sivir, Judicator, Gangplank, Jax/Yi/Ashe/Tristana or a caster.