What do you think of this idea?

I think it could help! 126 87.50%
I won't fix anything. 18 12.50%
Voters: 144. You may not vote on this poll

An Alternative to Leavers

First Riot Post
123456 ... 9
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Orphan Harvest

Recruiter

05-20-2011

I few comments on the last two posts. There will be a few reiterations:

There will always be some downtime when someone leaves the game is a system like this is implemented. 15 minutes, however, may be stretching it a little. Just like a normal queue, you would have a time limit to choose to enter the lobby, choose your champ and change your runes and masteries. Currently, the timer is set at 90 seconds and that is ample time to discuss who you are going to play, who should play tank, etc. While still having time to choose your masteries and rune pages. I think putting 3 minuets on the clock like I did is actually too generous.

I actually had this option in the thread I started a long time ago about this. I do think there should be a voluntary leave option that a player can use that would immediately lock him out and enable someone else to get in. There would be a problem with this though! The penalty for doing this must be much harsher than a normal leave. RIOT and its players would not want people leaving games all willy-nilly because "they didn't like someone" or "didn't like how the game was going". Here is what I mean by "harsher" so that people wouldn't abuse the system and simple just get a normal "leaver" every time:

• If it is a conscious leave, the player receives a normal leave mark on their record.
  • The player also gets locked out for 30 minutes from playing another game.

My reasoning behind the second option? If you are going to consciously leave, it is probably because you have to go somewhere, an emergency or something where you won't be back at the computer for a decent chunk of time. This would deter people from abusing this option. (Again, these are all just ideas)

I think a bot is a horrible idea as stated. AI will almost always be exploited and farmed. I doubt RIOT is going to spend the majority of their time designing Chess Grand Master AI for bots.

---------------------

If I had my way, the penalty would be so harsh... haha. When the leaver logs back in, I would make the system force him to watch the replay of his last match from start to end from the perspective of a Purple/Blue Caster Minion. He/She wouldn't be able to queue until the replay was over. Haha.

Bane Wraith

05-20-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by iBeeZy View Post
I actually had this option in the thread I started a long time ago about this. I do think there should be a voluntary leave option that a player can use that would immediately lock him out and enable someone else to get in.
....I don't understand. You desire a Second voluntary leave option, other than the Quitting one there already is? Maybe I missed something...?

Quote:
Originally Posted by iBeeZy View Post
If I had my way, the penalty would be so harsh... haha. When the leaver logs back in, I would make the system force him to watch the replay of his last match from start to end from the perspective of a Purple/Blue Caster Minion. He/She wouldn't be able to queue until the replay was over. Haha.
...I love you.

Edit: By the by. the link you put in my "No More Reporting?" thread? You got the link backwards.... it's a written url that links to the page "this%20thread"

Karl the Pagan

PvP.net Engineer

05-20-2011
1 of 1 Riot Posts

Thank you for your incredibly detailed proposal. We will consider this and other ideas for combating the leaver problem.

Please if you agree or disagree with this idea let us know what you think in this thread.

Bane Wraith

05-20-2011

You heard 'em, folks! The idea's gone through. Show em your love and support Now. Throw in some Amethyst. Worship out beloved Gaia, if you have to.

....Meant as a joke, of course. But seriously; Show your support.

Intangible

05-20-2011

I've seen this idea before and remember Pendragon commenting on it. If I remember correctly, one of the main problems was "abuse." Meaning if you are a bad player your team could potentially flame you out hoping they would get a better player.

After seeing the Tribunal I have a feeling things are going to improve quite a bit. As long as Riot doesn't get backlogged on "punishments." (Since they are severely backlogged on reports.)

Frenche6

05-20-2011

If riot is worried about people getting flamed, then maybe try to add it only to ranked games at first where people are a bit....better. There are plenty of bad people in ranked, but I think that people are more likely to attempt to play the game rather then afk/ragequit.

Bane Wraith

05-20-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenche6 View Post
If riot is worried about people getting flamed, then maybe try to add it only to ranked games at first where people are a bit....better. There are plenty of bad people in ranked, but I think that people are more likely to attempt to play the game rather then afk/ragequit.
...This may or may not be true, really. As an issue, however, a Ranked game may be a delicate subject when it comes to implementing a new leaver-resolving system. In a Normal game, players don't need to worry so much about advancement of rank, and this system is completely supportive of keeping games fun and active. In a game that worries about rank, it may be a bit touchy when a team receives a Higher or lower ranked player as replacement, and touchier still when it results in a win or loss that players would debate would have been different, had the original leaver stayed. If that makes sense...

RinValak

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-20-2011

Tough to do, but it would be amazing. Personally I would join games-in-progres a LOT, that just sounds fun. Saving the day, playing the underdogs, etc.

nastynate600

05-20-2011

Awesome idea, great detail, hope riot implements this. +1 OP Great thinking. ^.^

Bane Wraith

05-20-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by RinValak View Post
Tough to do, but it would be amazing. Personally I would join games-in-progres a LOT, that just sounds fun. Saving the day, playing the underdogs, etc.

This is so incredibly true! ^///^ It would breed an entirely new type of player! We can call them Fillers or something! =D

123456 ... 9