AP/AS Teemo Build

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

bulbmin97

05-18-2011

so I've found I really enjoyed playing teemo. I've experimented with a variety of builds, some self-made, some I looked up, for example the rainman's teemo guide and item build.
But the one I've found works best for me is one I created recently and I really like it a lot: ap/atk speed.
Heres the build. Please tell me what you think and/or give me constructive criticism as to possible changes that you think would help.

1. I start out with Doran's ring. (I'm still undecided if I should start with this or another item that builds into something else. Everyone seems to have conflicting opinions on the Doran's items. But I like it in this situation since teemo is so squishy and the extra hp really helps)
2. I grab boots of speed.
3. I start to build malady, starting with the daggers especially if I've been farming.
4. After malady, I build beserker's greaves if I'm going to do a lot of farming. Otherwise, I'll grab boots of mobility so I can move around quickly to maybe do a little ganking and, more importantly, get good map control with my shrooms.
5. Then I'll get sword of the divine. 60 % atk speed is nothing to laugh at and the additional hundred magic damage every fourth attack is really nice with all the atk speed and is perfect for farming.
6. Next i go for Nashor's Tooth. This gives me another beautiful 50 percent atk speed and some nice ability power. Not to mention it's passive which helps me get shrooms faster and be able to spam blinding shot for a lot of damage with my ap.
7. after this I work on Ryali's Crystal Scepter. More ability power and some nice health, not really fixing, but helping squishy problem.
8. I haven't officially decided a final item for this build yet. i tend to change it around. Rabadon's seems tempting at times while most of the time I like hextech gunblade.

Sushiman777

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-18-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulbmin97 View Post
so I've found I really enjoyed playing teemo. I've experimented with a variety of builds, some self-made, some I looked up, for example the rainman's teemo guide and item build.
But the one I've found works best for me is one I created recently and I really like it a lot: ap/atk speed.
Heres the build. Please tell me what you think and/or give me constructive criticism as to possible changes that you think would help.

1. I start out with Doran's ring. (I'm still undecided if I should start with this or another item that builds into something else. Everyone seems to have conflicting opinions on the Doran's items. But I like it in this situation since teemo is so squishy and the extra hp really helps)
2. I grab boots of speed.
3. I start to build malady, starting with the daggers especially if I've been farming.
4. After malady, I build beserker's greaves if I'm going to do a lot of farming. Otherwise, I'll grab boots of mobility so I can move around quickly to maybe do a little ganking and, more importantly, get good map control with my shrooms.
5. Then I'll get sword of the divine. 60 % atk speed is nothing to laugh at and the additional hundred magic damage every fourth attack is really nice with all the atk speed and is perfect for farming.
6. Next i go for Nashor's Tooth. This gives me another beautiful 50 percent atk speed and some nice ability power. Not to mention it's passive which helps me get shrooms faster and be able to spam blinding shot for a lot of damage with my ap.
7. after this I work on Ryali's Crystal Scepter. More ability power and some nice health, not really fixing, but helping squishy problem.
8. I haven't officially decided a final item for this build yet. i tend to change it around. Rabadon's seems tempting at times while most of the time I like hextech gunblade.
TBH it doesn't seems like you have that much damage. It just looks like AS overkill to me, but who knows? I might be wrong. Hextech is a good item for Teemo. That may give you enough damage for your attack speed to pack a punch (or 12). I would only get rabadons of you have shrooms over a majority of the map. Some games, you just don't have as many out there, so it's not as good.

bulbmin97

05-18-2011

yeah you make a good point about the gunblade......im considering trying to get it earlier in the list since that's some nice damage.....and the lifesteal spellvamp. and the slow every....what is it? 60 seconds?
I'm thinking about the rageblade instead of sword of the divine....it was in my original build actually, but i decided to experiment with higher attack speed for some reason and I liked the sword which seemed to work quite well......but now that you mention the lack of damage.....i mite try it again......

Heilung

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-18-2011

1) Vampiric Scepter
2) Malady
3) Berserker Graves
4) Vampiric Scepter -> Hextech Gunblade
5) Madred
6) Phantom Dancer
7) Frozen Mallet / Trinity Force

Its my Build and its the build that makes me win =)

StoRmRAiL

05-18-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heilung View Post
1) Vampiric Scepter
2) Malady
3) Berserker Graves
4) Vampiric Scepter -> Hextech Gunblade
5) Madred
6) Phantom Dancer
7) Frozen Mallet / Trinity Force

Its my Build and its the build that makes me win =)
starting out with vampiric scepter is really the worst option. Its kinda like basic knowledge i thought............

anyways, that build is alot of AS but no damage. and you havent given the runes/masteries.

i would recommend dropping nashors and getting a deathfires. That's a lot more burst.

Having said that, my best advice is to drop that build because you are kinda going AP/AS/onhit, which isnt the best option, more like jack of all trades master of none. Its better to go AP or onhit, instead of both.....

http://leaguecraft.com/strategies/gu...detailed.xhtml

its perhaps one of the best guides for an AP teemo i have found yet....

Heilung

05-18-2011

im not ap teemo, im dps :P
and i can really use it well.

and beginning with the scepter, and potions...
its a good way to keep ur health
and with some atk speed and crit runes
i dont have all runes, im lv 26 :P
but i only have +19% atk speed
+4.3 crit chance.

and if u have a good team...
i have just ended a game with that build with a regular team (not too agresive)
20/13/15 i know, its a lot of deaths, but it was mid agains a "tanky" vladi :F

despite, if u have a good team and u play aggresively with that build, u can "kill a lot".
u have to know when to B.

for a DPS teemo, what do u recomend me to use?

bulbmin97

05-18-2011

Heilung, I like the sound of your build a lot......i might try. Although I wouldn't start with the vampiric scepter........maybe cloth armor and 5 hp pots? build into madred's razors? idk. I still avidly support the doran's items to start. However, I have used vamp scept to start before in an AD/lifesteal build........I find I have to go mid for it to really be useful and i still do not prefer it.

Heilung

05-18-2011

thats the point, i allways go mid...
i tryed the cloth armor and potions... but i feel more "powerfull" draining hp ajjaja:P

Terrorship

05-18-2011

Issues with Teemo:

1. Squishy. If gap close/CC, he's dead.
2. Short range auto-attack reliant means you have to get close and sit there to maximize dps.

Combine the two and it makes Teemo *very* difficult to play effectively. I find with similar farm I feel far more effective on a number of other champions because of that.

Your build amplifies these downsides IMO.

I would think a phage earlier would help with both slow and some bulk. A counter pick defensive item either RO or BV may also be required. The slow on RO helps the kite, BV vs caster combos. I suppose earlier Ryalis if you had to go AP, but shrooms are counterable and I don't see them adding enough DPS to a game to be worth even trying.

Only semi-effective teemos I've personally seen at whatever abysmal level I play at, were AD/Mallet builds who effectively kited in shroom-ville + mallet. He's a fun champ, I just find I can't do nearly as much with him compared to other picks.

It always feels like even if I do well, that if they oracle up and counter most shoorms, and they don't fall for kite/jungle fights, they sort of negate any small advantage I might have added. My 2cents.

Insemination

05-18-2011

by the time you start buying Ryali's the game could be over, and you are Glass-cannon teemo.

I play a lot of Teemo and this is what i found works best with him:

1) Doran's Ring
2) +1 Boots
3) CDR Boots/Phage
4) CDR Boots/Phage
5) Malady
6) Finish Frozen Mallet (game usually over here)
7) Depends, if theyr tanky = Madreds. If im getting focused alot, get BV and ATMA

Runes: get flat AP quints, magic pen marks and the rest AP/lvl
Get as much mana regen in masteries as possible, get the 15% magic pen in offense

This build won me 65% of my games as teemo. My main is xOGx if u wanna check it out

Max Q>E>W, and get W at lvl 3, Max Q then E.

The logic behind this build is obviously Kiting. With this build u can kite the hell out of ur enemies while NOT being a glass-cannon. CDR boots are very helpful on Teemo, and help u shroom more effectively earlygame. And with this runepage, ur harass is VERY annoying. I tend to always run Flash and Ignite on Teemo..

Hope this helps