What items to get for Taric?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

The Fat Battler

03-17-2010

I don't enjoy saying this, but there's only one way to play Taric, and that's stacking Auras on him.

DPS Tarics suffer from the fact that they don't have an escape mechanism. Even though Spirit Visage has helped this somewhat by making heals more effective, Taric can still be focused down really easily if he goes DPS. Not to mention that his abilities don't really help the team when you go DPS. It only really works in pubs, where most people don't know what to expect from Taric, compounded with them being unwilling to change their build.

As Aura Taric, he can be a much bigger asset to his team by virtue of the auras; you help your team by giving them good benefits, and most smart teams will actually focus Taric if he's going Aura, and he can survive quite easily.

CarbunkleFlux

03-17-2010

I'm not saying I agree with DPS Taric (IMO, Taric really shouldn't be focusing on getting kills to begin with; but whatever floats people's boats), but DPS Taric still easily utilizes Dazzle and Radiance for the benefit of his team.

I mean, what kind of DPS doesn't take advantage of a quick cooldown stun and an AoE attack speed buff?

Not to mention if Imbue is level 5, it's not amazing but it's still gonna heal a good chunk.

OctopusDropkick

03-17-2010

I've found Tiamat + Berzk Boots give Taric all the offense he needs. You go defensive for the rest of your items.

Why Tiamat? Because you're AOE oriented as it stands with your shatter. Lastly, the AOE proc from Tiamat works with your passive, giving you a lot of mana, which helps fuel your ult as it goes off.

OmniOblivion

03-18-2010

Auras is the recommended build on him, but I build him more DPS/tank, simply because his abilities do **** damage (even with an AP Taric and Dazzle, you would need to be close up to deal damage. And not a lot of AP has tanking capabilities, maybe Rod of Ages....)

MeanBean

03-18-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObLiViOn2011 View Post
Auras is the recommended build on him, but I build him more DPS/tank, simply because his abilities do **** damage (even with an AP Taric and Dazzle, you would need to be close up to deal damage. And not a lot of AP has tanking capabilities, maybe Rod of Ages....)
First of all, not all recommended items are not bad for a given champ. Second of all, the most important aura for him (aegis) is not on his recommended list.

Oh, and dps taric do suck, compared to "real" dps champs. Post in my thread if you do have an effective dps build for him, though!

Aircross

03-18-2010

Here's my general build:

Note that I have Clarity as a summoner spell, so that gives me my mana for early game.

1. Spirit Visage

The 30% extra healing on yourself is great. When you heal an ally, you heal yourself for just 10% short of the amount of healing you'd receive if you healed yourself (this means that healing yourself will give you a 70% bonus boost). CD reduction also helps.

2. Mercury Treads

There's lots of CC out there.

3. Aegis of the Legion

Most important. Helps you team with team fights and improves your survivability.

4. Nashor's Tooth

Gives you a bit of everything. CD, AP, Attack Speed, Mana Regen.

5. Stark's Fervor

I get it if no one else on the team's getting it.

6. Soul Shroud/Guardian Angle

Soul Shroud gives more HP and Mana regen for your allies. Guardian Angel only if the other team is really hard hitting. The last item is usually a throw up.