Shen Discussion

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SorinDarkeye

03-18-2010

Well, personally, I think he sounds like a load of fun to play, so let's talk items!

Personally, it seems to me like a tank build is the way to go (but prolly a sheen thrown in there somewhere, like for Nasus).

So, items I've been considering (in no particular order)

-Sheen (for a little more damage)
-Thornmail (Necessary with his taunt, but no passive damage return)
-Ninja Tabi (:P)
-Possible a Sunfire for AoE dmg/taunt goodness? I'm not too sure about that one...

What kind of items do YOU think will work well on Shen? The only ones I feel really strongly for are Sheen and Thornmail.

Riot aBhorsen

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

eSports Coordinator

03-18-2010

No offence, maybe i missed it but we haven't seen any form of numbers or even his abilities listed yet, have we?

If they have been listed please link me and i'll take a slice of humble pie.

"Personally, it seems to me like a tank build is the way to go (but prolly a sheen thrown in there somewhere, like for Nasus)."

If nothing has been listed how on earth can you say this?

Unless of course this was a Troll.

ZuKii

03-18-2010

I agree with aB... anyway doesn't ninja tabi and thornmail kinda work against each other? If you dodge it doens't return damage (since you didnt take any)...

SorinDarkeye

03-18-2010

Abilities listed here:
http://news.bigdownload.com/2010/03/...shen-revealed/
No numbers though.

And hm, I do suppose that the ninja tabi and thornmail do work against each other, but the way I see it, with both of them, the ones you don't dodge damage return?

Idk, like I said, this is pure speculation. I just threw out there whatever might seem to work.

Riot aBhorsen

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

eSports Coordinator

03-18-2010

Ah ok well having read that i would say definately not a Tank. I'd say much more like a DPS/Support such as Sivir.

Slide

03-18-2010

Like Sivir? Nah, not even close.

He seems a lot more like pantheon mixed with Jax to me.

Hes a melee DPS.

He has a leap/initiate ability

He has a teleport (will be fun backdooring with him in conjunction with TF or Panth Im sure).

He has a defensive shield type ability.

His passive is almost a reverse of jaxs. Jax gets health for damage/AP, Shen gets damage for health.

I hiope Vorpal Blade puts a LRAGE RED debuff marker over the enemy. It wouldbe a great focus fire helper.

Just judging faint by what it says is very difficult. In passing, it seems less powerful then pantheons passive as it only blocks partial damage. However, this "partial" damage could be quite high at later levels. The cooldown of it makes a VERY large difference as well. Is it spammable? How long does it last after activation before dissipating on its own?

Shadow Dash could be a VERY interesting skill. Just from the one sentence it seems like its a dash ability that incorporates ramuses taunt onto every enemy you pass through. If it is, this is going to be a DEVASTATING ability. Hopefully the dash range is long enough to make it useful for chasing.

I think the passive Could be incredible. Depending on the value, we may be able to ignore damage items on him and just stack health. This would be phenominal as we could rush a frozen mallet for a large health and damage boost in addition to the slow. Since Vorpal Blade heals you (though it remains to be seen if this can be used as the sole laning health regen) you could potentially start off with a Ruby Crystal for a nice health boost and more damage. Then head straight to phage.

Too early to call boots. The range of his dash move will likely tell us if he needs swiftness or not to chase/escape.

Defensively, I dont think he will require much more then aegis. A small boost to armor and magic resist, another to damage and, more importantly, more Health.

It really all depends on the numbers of his abilities and how the mechanics work. Is Vorpal Blade enough to sustain you in lane? How much protection does feint actually offer? Whats the range/speed/cooldown of shadow dash?

Without further information on his abilities, all we are doing is taking shots in the dark.

wildfire393

03-18-2010

It seems to me that because he gets damage for HP you'd want to buff his HP. I'd suggest a build like Leviathan/Tabi or Merc Boots/Warmoggs/Atma's/Force Of Nature/Banshee's, Guardian Angel, or Sunfire depending on team

Also in regards to Dodge + Thornmail, dodged attacks still return damage (as it is based on the base damage of the attack, not the damage you take).

Slide

03-18-2010

Yeah Leviathan could be a great item on him Wildfire. Your absolutely right. I guess it all depends on the numbers for those abilities.

Im sure the ability will give far less then a true reverse of jaxs passive as if you were gaining 1 damage for every 5 health, having 3k health would give you 600 damage. We are probably looking at something more along the lines of 25 or 30 HP for 1 point of damage. At 3000 health 25 would be 120 bonus damage while 30 would be 100. That seems more reasonable.

Then again, the ability only procs once every ten seconds with enemy attacks looking like they lower the cooldown. Considering such, and that abilities that add large amounts of damage (like devastating blow, empower or siphoning strike) Can add up to a good 300 to 400 damage, perhaps it is more like 15 HP per point of damage.

In any case, Leviathan could be great on him, but Im SURE Frozen Hammer will be a must buy.

NeverNever

03-18-2010

LOL well

i was not expecting that

shens a tank? jeez

it looks interesting though.. that's one of the best initations i've seen on some-one in ages..

y'know it's funny i saw a troll post up with all shen's abilitys but renaming them to paladin abilitys from wow..

i didn't realise those where ACTUALLY his abilitys

SHEN the NINJA PALADIN

nicosharp

03-18-2010

I would say Aura/Tank for this guy. There is something very valuable to having a global cast shield, cast on you when your near death. Having this guy tp in, put a lifesteal debuff on the target, and you being able to hp up.

That said, one very valuable item on Shen will be Stark's Fervor.
Second - Leviathan (If he truly has no CD's just energy consumption - if he has CD, then Spirit Visage)
Third - Aegis of the Legion
Fourth - Warmog's
Fifth - Brutalizer if he has CD's, if not Thornmail.

Boots for him, id say swiftness, if he has CDs, if he doesn't probably treads with a Rylai's Scepter.