Armor or HP?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TrenixPL

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-16-2010

What's better for survivability when it comes to runes. Armor or HP?

Zedon

03-16-2010

or what about dodge even? 6.75% dodge seems pretty significant. not sure how that would compare to 12.69 flat armor or 24.3 at 18 scaling armor.

as opposed to 175hp at 18 scaling or 48 flat hp.

these #s all consider only seals (which is the focus of these stats)

i'm trying to learn more about runes too before i blow all my IP on runes (just hit 20).

i'm leaning towards flat HP quints, but not getting HP anything else. get some mag pen for red runes and ap per lvl for glyphs (or cooldown glyph?).

anyhow back on your point, i haven't heard people talk about the dodge runes much, but it seems like a 6.75% to 100% avoid dmg is pretty nice. i am assuming dodge works for melee and ranged autoattacks. correct me if i'm wrong. does nothing for abilities though, but it seems a lot of carries are about beefy autoattack. (can you dodge twitch's arrows for example)

Mesa H

03-16-2010

i'd go for HP. and flat HP for that matter(especially Quints, 3x +32.4 )
The thing is, ppl will have hard time killing u early game if ur a mage but with a hundred hp more, even more with doran's ring. i think runes are a lot more useful in early game, and if u've played enough games u know how many times u or someone else runs away with a silver of life left. armor is just a bit less useful but still good, as most early game kills comes with a few auto attacks, but i do think HP runes will make the difference. nothing statistical or any graphs or any calculation, purely from experience and observation.

Zedon

03-16-2010

you think HP quints + HP seals would provide more survivability than HP quints + dodge seals or HP quints + armor seals?

mmkay.

wildfire393

03-16-2010

Like any kind of optimization equation, you achieve the best result by balancing your stats. So if you want to absorb purely physical attacks, since armor and HP are plentiful, I suggest Dodge Seals. Flat HP quints are one of the better options due to the early survivability. MR@18 Glyphs are good for magic survivability, but if you want Physical survivability there's not as great an option for those.

Whatev

03-16-2010

As far as I can tell, the only items that give dodge are Ninja Tabi (one pair of boots; does the dodge stack?) and Phantom Dancers (expensive). You can't even sort by dodge on the item page. In other words, dodge is at a premium during itemization, so it makes more sense to rune for it.

FeLpZ

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-17-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whatev View Post
As far as I can tell, the only items that give dodge are Ninja Tabi (one pair of boots; does the dodge stack?) and Phantom Dancers (expensive). You can't even sort by dodge on the item page. In other words, dodge is at a premium during itemization, so it makes more sense to rune for it.
yes, as far as i know the dodge stacks.

Riot aBhorsen

eSports Coordinator

03-17-2010

Dodge does stack but not simply by adding them together.

Go read:

https://www.leagueoflegends.com/boar...ead.php?t=3287