Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Sivir is not good mid

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Welcomehome

03-16-2010

Idk why people think sivir should be mid someone explain? frist off to be mid you have to be ranged, granted she is ranged. second you have to be able to kill minions profeciently which she can. However thats about it, and in noway do i find this enough to justify her as being *good* mid. having someone mid is saying basicly this is the person i want to be the highest lvl as soon as possible or person i want to get ult as soon as possible, and i think that sivir with no support and no stuns, no heals, and a ult that just increases movement and attack speed, she isn't anywhere near as good as say zilian. this is just my oppion however and everyone seems to dissagree with me soo someone help me out here

Chutzpahnaught

Recruiter

03-16-2010

its her ability to push like a woman possessed and harass the hell out of the other team's mid.

Welcomehome

03-16-2010

i dont' think she can harass very well, i find her very easy to avoid, also you don't need her to be mid to be able to push she could do that in any lane?

Malduk

03-16-2010

"ult that JUST increases movement and attack speed"

Yeah, okay. Leave Sivir alone in the mid for a wave or two, and your tower is down.

macsauce

03-16-2010

Cho, Mord, Kat - all great melee solos.

If I have to pick any champ and make them the highest level on my team, it would be sivir hands down. Just way too much consistant dmg in group battles.

Welcomehome

03-16-2010

movement speed is good but not all champs get much from attack speed thats why i don't like it alot

Welcomehome

03-16-2010

i agree with mele solo mid on some champs also

VespaVictim

03-16-2010

The decision of going mid is generally best left to the person that makes the most difference when being a higher level than other heroes on the opposing team, but an important fact left out is that it's also the character that benefits the most from getting their own personal gold stash early game.

Sivir is better at harassment than you give her credit for, and the reason for this is Spell Shield and an early leveled Boomerang Blade. The difference between a good and bad Sivir is how well you use her spellshield throughout the game. Karthas getting a bit close for comfort with his Lay Waste mines? Spellshield that and hit him with a level 3 Boomerang Blade. Annie trying to get cheeky with a level 6 stun combo? Spell Shield and throw a BB for good measure. You'll take damage from Tibbers and any resulting spells but avoid the stun. Ashe wanting to harass you with Volley? Spellshield and throw that BB.
List goes on.

The only time Sivir should potentially not lane mid is when there's an Alistar in a side lane that you can turn into a tower killing machine with your lifesteal (Most lane clearing Sivirs are encouraged to get Starks ASAP, sometimes Aegis too), lane clearing, and ult.

We'll ignore you suggesting Zilean as a solo-mid character for sake of sanity

The Real RoTaN

03-16-2010

Anyone that says a Sivir isn't good in the middle is a ****** or you had a complete noob in the middle. Sivir by far is the best middle pusher besides a good Karthus in teams or harrassment - when it comes to pushing a tower solo mid - it's Sivir hands down.

Blindshot000

03-16-2010

Simple reasonse why sivir in mid is the best decision for a team win:

#1 - She can easily push the tower and take it if her opnonent blue pills with her ulti and rally up.
#2 - She will farm huge amount of gold and be able to stack auras that will help your entire team push faster.
#3 - If you have ever played in a lane with a Sivir you do know what being gold starve is. This results in a set back for her lane mate in gold which is bad for the team. Especialy if you have a tank with her in lane.
#4 - Get Sivir to knock down the mid tower and push a bit to the second and see their team fold in to defend as both the bottom and top lane get great pushing opertunities.

At the end of the day, it should be a rare occasion that Sivir is not mid. I've many good Sivir carry a team alot better then any other champion and not by get a gank fest, but by killing towers like it's a joke.