Champion with the most CC?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ReLaTiviT

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-16-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by CooLTanG View Post
Um Janna by far, slow, AOE knockup, AOE knockback. Blitz just has his knockup on a faster cooldown.
Jarvan has AOE knockup (if you consider Janna's AOE then you must Jarvan's)
AOE slow
AOE Arena

:P

Something Snazzy

06-16-2011

As much as I like Blitz's CC, I gotta give it to Jarvan.

Typically, Blitz's ult does more damage when you hold off on using it. Plus, unless you are going up against a Nunu or Fiddle or whoever with a channel, the silence is just too short to matter. I'd rather have Garen's or Soraka's silence to take out an AP caster than a 0.5 second AoE silence. Blitz's knockup has such a low cooldown but the duration isn't very long. And it is melee, which matters, since most Blitz builds aren't tanky until mid/late game. His grab is one of the best in the game though it does have a long CDR. Also, his grab can (and should, by a good player) be dodged or blocked by their tank.

Jarvan has his knockup, which rarely hits less than two people. It'll often hit 4 or 5 in the jungle. Slows are often overrated, particularly early game, where Jarvan outshines Blitz. But the real reason I'd chose Jarvan over Blitz? His wall.

Why? Tenacity doesn't affect it. It can be used offensively or defensively. It can catch multiple people or just a few. Jarv has his pull to get in and out of it. It is one of the few things that can stop Olaf with ghost/ghostblade from escaping every single time. In the jungle, his ult is absolutely overpowered due to the fact that it can split teams in half. Blah blah blah. Sure, you can argue that flash makes his ult useless but teams having a couple flashes actually helps Jarv. Why? All Jarv has to do is grab someone who doesn't have flash and then someone on his team with flash can hop into it and help Jarv rape a carry.

Blitz is a very close second, particularly against unskilled opponents or with a skilled Blitz player but Jarv's Ult is just too good when it comes to screwing up a team's formation and taking out a carry.

ReLaTiviT

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-16-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Something Snazzy View Post
As much as I like Blitz's CC, I gotta give it to Jarvan.

Typically, Blitz's ult does more damage when you hold off on using it. Plus, unless you are going up against a Nunu or Fiddle or whoever with a channel, the silence is just too short to matter. I'd rather have Garen's or Soraka's silence to take out an AP caster than a 0.5 second AoE silence. Blitz's knockup has such a low cooldown but the duration isn't very long. And it is melee, which matters, since most Blitz builds aren't tanky until mid/late game. His grab is one of the best in the game though it does have a long CDR. Also, his grab can (and should, by a good player) be dodged or blocked by their tank.

Jarvan has his knockup, which rarely hits less than two people. It'll often hit 4 or 5 in the jungle. Slows are often overrated, particularly early game, where Jarvan outshines Blitz. But the real reason I'd chose Jarvan over Blitz? His wall.

Why? Tenacity doesn't affect it. It can be used offensively or defensively. It can catch multiple people or just a few. Jarv has his pull to get in and out of it. It is one of the few things that can stop Olaf with ghost/ghostblade from escaping every single time. In the jungle, his ult is absolutely overpowered due to the fact that it can split teams in half. Blah blah blah. Sure, you can argue that flash makes his ult useless but teams having a couple flashes actually helps Jarv. Why? All Jarv has to do is grab someone who doesn't have flash and then someone on his team with flash can hop into it and help Jarv rape a carry.

Blitz is a very close second, particularly against unskilled opponents or with a skilled Blitz player but Jarv's Ult is just too good when it comes to screwing up a team's formation and taking out a carry.
I agree with you, I'd say someone like Anivia would be a closer contender to Jarvan.

Mihal

08-19-2012

nautlus *******

FaerellG

08-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mihal View Post
nautlus *******
Thumbs down for necrothread

Savage Bro

08-20-2012

Honestly, I think its Nautilus. He has a passive root. A grab/pull. A slow, and a knock up. Easily the hardest CC champion in the game.

Undertaker c2

08-20-2012

Yeah I was reading this thread thinking "why has no one mentioned nautilus? He is made of cc.

DarkerLark

06-29-2013

I was also wondering why no one mentioned leona? She has a distance closer/root, a melee stun to back it up and an aoe stun/slow with a more than decent range. Not to mention her passive can completely turn a team fight around.

AskKarthus

06-29-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkerlark View Post
i was also wondering why no one mentioned leona? She has a distance closer/root, a melee stun to back it up and an aoe stun/slow with a more than decent range. Not to mention her passive can completely turn a team fight around.
Stop the thread necro.

MorikTheMad

06-29-2013

What about leona?

Q: stun
E: ranged snare
R: AoE stun

EDIT: oops didn't see this was a crazy old thread