Now that Rammus has returned to ranked... how do people build him nowadays?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

EatsBlood

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-18-2011

I don't know what elo you're in, but rammus is still banned in 100% of games I play. Everyone autobans rammus, shen and amumu every game.

Redenbacher

05-18-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by biomorph View Post
...you get no defensive stats as you do so which means that you do not become that much more durable just because you have warmogs.
DBC grants 150 armor/MR. That's all the justification needed. HP is more cost-effective on Rammus early game than nearly any other champion in the game.

Now, I'm not saying Warmog's is the BEST possible item on him, but 1) It doesn't take that much farm, it's actually pretty cheap for what it provides. 2) It doesn't take long to charge because of it's feeding off kills/assists as well as minions.

I like to use it because it opens up the freedom to use heavy mitigation items like Frozen Heart (do NOT underestimate CDR on Rammus), and offensive items like Abyssal Scepter (all of your abilities deal magic damage, your ult has a large AP ratio, and hurts towers!).

I would only advise Warmog's if you have a healthy early game to support it over other smaller items like HoG and Catalyst that aid in 'getting you rolling', so to speak.

Regardless, DBC alone justifies Warmog's in my opinion.

A personal 'ideal' build of mine is Warmog's, Merc Treads, Frozen Heart, Abyssal Scepter, Banshee's Veil. Naturally being flexible is key to tanking with any champion, so that's often not the case. Sometimes you're forced in to lower-tier items to get started, sometimes other items are better suited to counter the enemy.

cheapkilll

05-18-2011

Sorry to pop your bubble but rammus is stilled being banned or your deep in elo hell

Gunflame

05-18-2011

Personally I use:
flat Armor Quints+Yellow
MR/lvl blues
ArmPen Red.

Why?
- Armor means less damage from jungle mobs and more AD
- MR/lvl as the first 3-4 few levels I donīt run into magic damage,
- Full ArmPen runes to hit harder (helps against golem and lizard).

Items:
- Cloth+5xpots
- 1-2 HoG.
- Sunfire if Im doing extremely well
- Aegis
- Guardian Angel
- Frozen Heart
- Banshee's

Basically anything thatīs needed. I like CDR on rammus so I usually get lucidity boots, but depends on the enemy.

Gunflame

05-18-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheapkilll View Post
Sorry to pop your bubble but rammus is stilled being banned or your deep in elo hell
only noobs ban rammus... and it is obvious who is noob because of the GRAY

RighteousBerry

05-20-2011

My Build is strange but you should try it.
475 hp item
turn that into levithan, after that get the tenacity boots, thornmail, banshee's, warmogs, force of nature.
Critique me please.

tumultuoustempus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-20-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by RighteousBerry View Post
Critique me please.
You suck.

Haha just kidding. Leviathan = not a tank item. Tanks want to die, and stack items are counter to this notion.

H0ax

05-20-2011

The best rammus everrr

biomorph

05-20-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redenbacher View Post
DBC grants 150 armor/MR. That's all the justification needed. HP is more cost-effective on Rammus early game than nearly any other champion in the game.
Should have seen this coming but allow me to disagree. It takes quite a while to farm Warmogs and by the time you have it the enemy damage dealers will have their key item. So in between DBC you will just get cut down like warm knife through butter and that is why I dislike it. WHEN you have your DBC on, sure it works like a charm sure but then you have limited your effectiveness to that window of opportunity at the cost of being a free kill afterwards.
Items them selves can always be justified but what I do try to take into account is the amount of farm and the impact it has by the time you get it and what you have to work with until you complete that items and how able you are to do your job during that time. That is why Warmogs is a problem because it is a long farm and it "only" gives you HP and during the farm you have very little to offer.

Liam Parmesan

05-20-2011

If we're talking pure numbers, a warmogs is actually kinda good on rammus, I definitely agree with the fact that there are better items all around than warmogs, but the extra 1k hp really helps your damage reflected against heavy dps champs. If I see that they have 2 or more AD carries, i usually pick up both a warmogs and a thornmail to melt them with a single taunt and defensive curl.