Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Akali

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ALÜnatic

05-17-2011

How do you guys play Akali and like what do you get?

Frantic Fey

05-17-2011

See this thread: http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=751936

For items: I tend to start with level 1 boots and then depending on my 1st recall gold, I may get any component of rylai's. If I'm doing particularly well, I'll rush a mejai's to capitalize on the success, but otherwise I attempt to build rylai's and sorc boots first, then go into lichbane, rabadons, and then Hextech gunblade and void staff. I understand some build hextech first, but I think the other items are more important.

exploreforce

05-17-2011

Check out my youtube video guide for akali: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TseLdRnliM8
I made it 3 days ago. If you like it and want to see more (alistar guide comming on Friday or Saturday) please rate and subscribe :P

TCO Battelyoun

05-17-2011

Playstyle for 1v1: dash, q auto attack, dash, smoke bomb, q again auto attack then ignite.

Items; dorans blade, low budget boots, hextech revolver, better boots, then sword of occult, mejais soulstealer, upgrade hextech revolver to gunblade then get another hextech.

Sounds overkill with how much spell vamp you get ;P

Unbranded

05-17-2011

http://leaguecraft.com/strategies/guide/2676
i dont play akali, but my friend does and this was useful for him

iP1ayJarvan

05-17-2011

i'm having the same problem here, idk whether to rush gunblade, rylai's or sheen coz each give me problems if i dont get them. no gunblade, not enough spellvamp, no rylai's cant keep the bursts going because they run away, no sheen, not enough damage... i've tried rushing each of those differently and run into different problems. and please dont ask me to get mejais, i dont want to rely on snowballs every game.

One Cool Guy

05-17-2011

I've had the most success rushing Rylai's. It's the most balanced item as far as offense/defense is concerned and it helps you chase much better than anything else, which is great during laning when the enemy won't usually be able to come help if you've got somebody on the run in your lane. I find that in order to get kills early with Akali you usually have to tower dive, and her being very squishy rushing Rylai's provides enough extra HP to get out alive. Also, on top of the HP, the slow on Rylai's can sometimes provide you with a kill without having to tower dive because you can pretty much keep them permanently slowed with your abilities.

ALÜnatic

05-17-2011

I usually start off with :

Doran's Blade
Boots Level 1
Giants Belt ( Or Mejais if i'm doing good )
Rylai's
Merc Treds
Hexa revolver
Death Cap
Linch Blane
Gunblade
Hour Glass