Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Tank Guide. Not the Gospel Truth

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Scyrner

05-17-2011

bump for great justice of greatness

Charena

05-18-2011

good guide +1

Mogaga

Recruiter

05-18-2011

I liked the guide, except for the summoners spells. Generally, most tanks pick ignite to land kills (which helps them get some money to tank later on and helps doing dmg, something they lack a lot). Aside from that, everything is true and should be listened.

No1 respects tanks because they fail to save some1 and every1 gets angry. A stupid carry can't do it on their own and because of that they blame it all on tanks. I myself play carries a lot, so I usually try to let my tank friend land the first kills.

Scyrner

05-18-2011

Good point about the ignite Mogaga, and it is quite useful early game, however, I generally find myself preferring a spell that stays useful throughout the entire game while ignite is quite niche late game (killing mundo or ww)

JinTonik

Recruiter

05-19-2011

i really like this guide +1
i really like playing tanks and support, dps r fun for me, but i dont really care for k/d ratios and i rather win helping the team
for summoner spells ignite is a good tanking item in some cases
i really like the comment to not get angry at tanks when they dont go to save u, some people i played with thinks having a tank with them mean sthey can dive in to two enemy champions that have full health while they have less than half, and i dont follow because i know me and him usually will die and feed them, everyone gets angry at the tank because he was playing smart

also i really like to point out what scyrner said, dont be a ******bag and yell at ur team all the time, causing people to hate u doesnt help in team based games, i played with someone that kept calling people they fail and all, he wasnt that great either but he would boss around when no one respected him because he just insult u,
my advice, be encouragin to ur teammates insulting them wont make them better and they will probably not want to help you anyways, if you talk nicely and help them get better than the game will run way more smoothly

Angelbelle

05-19-2011

IMO leadership is really important in tanking. I suck at tanking but its not really because of technical stuff like using skills and timing, its mroe about being unsure of what the other 4 ppl are thinking. Granted, i only solo, but still i think its challenging. I've played with tanks that waltz back and forth, not engaging but getting chipped off bit by bit by vayne/caits and then engage when he had 1/2 hp...

<--Main support