A Look on Ezrael

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

zarthforums

03-16-2010

Not really a guide, just wanted some other people's opinions.

I thought Ezrael's pretty OP just every other new hero that riot came out with before gragas.

Strengths:
Powerful chaser
has a Regular skill that teleports (not an ult)
Does decent dps
Very fast attack speed
A skill that procs item effects

Weakness:
His skills actually requires you to aim (what a shock)
Low hp (about the same as ryze's)
No real burst
mana intensive
not so great mana regen.
lacks cc(no he's not a stunner like listed on his character profile)

Look on Skills:
Passive - adding 15% atk spd per spell that lands is basically giving 2 free recurve bows out late game. His Q, W, and E spells can stack the passive up really fast, mainly Q. This gives him a chance of being a dps hero. Makes berserker boots obselete (merc, tabi, swiftness, or even sorc is better)

Q - Very spammable skill that uses physical attack and procs item effects, does not crit though. Makes stacking only mdef useless against ez. Going AP build + lichbane deals alot of phys dmg with this skill as well.

W - Nuke that also heals your allies. Narrow aoe line and only works on champions helps offset the shear utility of the skill, but not by much.

E - a short cd teleport that also deals very good magic damage to a random target after you teleported.

R - Huge damage with 1 ap-dmg ratio moderately large line aoe.

Opinion:

He lacks cc but if you get a frozen mallet + lizard buff and spam mystic shot (the Q skill) he's a perma slower with at least 50% slow if your arrows land. Golem buff offsets his weak mana regen.

The teleport on nashers (a must have for ez) is like a 7-8s cd only relatively longer than kass's ult and doesn't go up in mana and deals alot more damage.

His heal's tricky to use but if you use it right not only does it dmg the opponent and heal your ally but also lowers the enemy's atk spd by 40% at L5 and increases your ally's by 40%, even more op than nidalee's heal!

The ult is more like a farming skill considering it can 1 shot the mage creeps at L2 and all lane creeps excluding super at L3. Good for initiating teamfights or finishing off an opponent if you really need to.

Playstyle - mobile kiting archer seems to be the way to go, spamming Q and using W and E whenever possible. With a frozen mallet and lizard buff, you can kite like ashe cept your kite move isn't autoattack but rather a skill that requires aiming (might miss but less delay). I find that both going semi AP (nashors, rageblade, boots, the new zhonyas, mallet, lichbane) or AD works well.

Runes: Atk penetration marks( for Q skill and or normal attack since that's his main dps), dodge glyphs, and ability or mana regen seals.

Masteris: Archaic knowledge in offense, the rest 21 for hp from defensive OR mana regen/cd reduction from utility.

xahhfink6

03-16-2010

Protip: Nashor's is terrible on Ezreal. I would MUCH rather have chalice + brutalizer for AD build, or Deathfire or Haunting Guise on an AP build... neither one needs a buff in attack speed

Akyio

03-16-2010

Nashor gives you 25% reduced cooldowns, so why is it terrible?

Sinistral

03-16-2010

Something I'd figure, fun to play hybrid.

Trinity + Rageblade, much fun, adds a slow and makes you hit rather hard. And it stacks AP so you can unleash a more powerfull utlimate, and gives you a great attack speed boost.

From there, I'd say any of the BF items.

zarthforums

03-16-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by xahhfink6 View Post
Protip: Nashor's is terrible on Ezreal. I would MUCH rather have chalice + brutalizer for AD build, or Deathfire or Haunting Guise on an AP build... neither one needs a buff in attack speed
Nashors is for the AP build. Haunting guise doesn't give enough mana regen. I've tried deathfire, it's ok against tanks but you need the extra -cd. Instead of going 2 items, nashors covers everything in 1 (less costly than both deathfire + haunting too): mana regen, some atk spd(not really needed cept for killing towers), -25% cd, ap.
Ezrael needs -cd for survivability ( the teleport makes him very annoying) and mobility. With cd from offense and utilty (-9%) you're only 6% off from max cd reduction with 1 nashors.

Nashors > deathfire + haunting
1 item that does what you need > 2 items that does the same thing.

Xocolatl

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-16-2010

I heard that Guinsoo's Rageblade got remade. Did it?

How is his mana usage? I have a feeling that while Mystic Shot is not magic damage (good against some MR stacker, and makes it absolutely useless against tanks--I often pack over 300 AR total--and it will probably reflects off of Thornmail..fun), he still relies a lot on magic damage. If his spell usage end up being a mana hog, Wit's End will eat him alive.

I think he will end up as a better scaling Kat, but with worse debuff. I don't see how a frail, AS champion will be regarded differently from Kat.