AP Sivir--no seriously, AP Sivir

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Trulain

03-16-2010

I don't follow some of your logic.

1) You said her ult has nothing to do with AD, when in fact it has everything to do with AD since damage is a factor of both damage and speed. Her ult (for herself) is greatly gimped by going AP.

2) Her passive isn't ignored at all with AD builds. Yes she's standing still unloading most of the time. But when it counts, when you're taking unacceptable levels of damage, you run. Either disengaging or just timing micro-movements with incoming attacks - granted this is easier to do with some than others (Ashe's autoshot is an easy one).

I've only played a couple games today on Sivir but honestly I haven't really noticed the range difference much at all.

That said, it's a neat idea that I've thought of trying myself - thanks for the post, nice info!

Aurax

03-16-2010

Haunting Guise
Sorcerers Boots
Nashors Tooth
Rylais
Rageblade
Abyssal Scepter or Void Staff

Is a cheap build, the BB does insane damage, at great range, you can spam it, and in team fights is not so easy to avoid. Magic penetration FTW. Plus the extra attack speed and damage of this build makes it less one trick pony.

This Sivir absolutely dominates mid game (at mid ELO) but lacks stopping power at late game, so you should concentrate on winning before the 35 min mark.

Cheers!

AutoSponge

03-16-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trulain View Post
I don't follow some of your logic.

1) You said her ult has nothing to do with AD, when in fact it has everything to do with AD since damage is a factor of both damage and speed. Her ult (for herself) is greatly gimped by going AP.

2) Her passive isn't ignored at all with AD builds. Yes she's standing still unloading most of the time. But when it counts, when you're taking unacceptable levels of damage, you run. Either disengaging or just timing micro-movements with incoming attacks - granted this is easier to do with some than others (Ashe's autoshot is an easy one).

I've only played a couple games today on Sivir but honestly I haven't really noticed the range difference much at all.

That said, it's a neat idea that I've thought of trying myself - thanks for the post, nice info!
1) Well, her ult isn't DIRECTLY tied to AD. She still gets a boost. Her team and minions still get the same boost. It's just her damage that will decrease compared to AD sivir. However, there are always more champs and champ kills than turrets. Boomerang hitting for 1k (even at a turret without diving) I think can have a huge impact on the game. The ult is still good--but more importantly for the team than for yourself.

2) I think other ranged champs in lane will get more frustrated with you dodging and shielding everything they throw while you toss large boomerangs at their head/into their minions. I'm usually not that good solo vs. an aggressive Jana, but last night I was keeping her off my turret and pushing her back to base before me and malphite dropped her tower. So, no. I don't want to stand still and give other, more skilled players, free damage on my champ.

Second, I faced a blitzcrank last night which I normally stay away from when he's at tower because I fear he'll grab me as soon as I stop to auto-attack. However, I constantly danced and boomeranged until he backed off at low hp (shaco got the kill). The range is just incredible. Had I not maxed it, I doubt it would have bothered him as much.

AutoSponge

03-16-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicosharp View Post
i've seen an ap sivir carry the hell out of my team before at a high level. It does work to some extent, It is also pretty easy to get FB's with her if played aggressively. My buddy and I used to run dual mana manip sivir+alistar in lane. it was pretty nasty boomerang harrass.
I'd love an ig name or build list. I know you roll with some pretty decent players.

nicosharp

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-16-2010

I think the guy that rolled with me as AP sivir is on a streamed game from a while back.. I want to say it was when I was playing with Lazis,Yoshster, etc.

also the friend i lane with is ---- it's been a while since hes gone ap sivir - iggystardust

Something like Soulstealer, Chalice, sorc boots, etc. I think he mixed in a stark's for self heal, but the start was straight ap. Specced Rally really helps.

Slide

03-16-2010

I still think you guys are nuts. If your just rolling the other team I could see a soulstealer for lulz. Thats it and only if your really rolling the other team.

If you want to play a champ that does EXACTLY what you want to do here, but better and with better supporting abilities, use Zilean.

AutoSponge

03-16-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by QUICKSLIDE View Post
I still think you guys are nuts. If your just rolling the other team I could see a soulstealer for lulz. Thats it and only if your really rolling the other team.

If you want to play a champ that does EXACTLY what you want to do here, but better and with better supporting abilities, use Zilean.
I bot-tested soulstealer, and there's no doubt that it's uber (even after patch today). But I don't buy it in real games--I don't have the confidence to keep the stacks up yet which makes it a waste of gold.

Instead, I push a catalyst > rod of ages which can keep me in lane a long time (and with spell shield keep me from having to buy the chalice first).

I'm impressed with a lot of the Zil players I see, I don't own him yet though. So I'll take that suggestion to heart as soon as I have the RP or he's free.

Slide

03-16-2010

I wouldnt buy soulstealer (or any AP item) in a real game either lol.

Def try Zilean. From the way you want to play Sivir, he seems to be what you actually want.

Time Bomb ends up with much the same end result as boomerang. The mechanics are a little different, but like I said, the end results are very similar. Its also a hell of a lot easier to nail people with zileans double bomb combo then it is to double hit with boomerang blade.

The rest of zilean just works out better for playing this way as well. Hes great in mid (stacking XP bonus) and inately has the speed to help other lanes quite well. He even mas much the same team reliance in his ult. If you can work with someone who knows what those spinning hourglasses around them means, you can do things you would never even believe possible.

Anyways, I highly recommend it. Just seems like who you actually want to be playing.

Oh and BB is -10% of its total damage to each target down to a min of 40% of max damage.