Tiamat and Volley Question

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

LaFreeze

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-16-2010

Greetings all,

I'm new to the game and so far just trying out things and I have a question I haven't seen covered. Namely if one were to get Tiamat for Ashe and then use Volley would the splash damage granted by Tiamat apply to each of my volley arrows for huge damage to small clustered groups or would it just slash out from the Volley AoE cone effectively making my cone slightly wider?

It seems like Tiamat would be a pretty strong weapon for Ashe if she could get splash damage from each arrow in her volley letting Ashe wipe out whole groups of creeps in a single shot but I don't see it mentioned in any of the Ashe guides do I figure there has to be some good reason for that which I'm just not aware of. I could just experiment I suppose but I'd rather not lose a game for my team mates because I wanted to try a new build if a quick post in the forum can explain to my why this is a bad idea or if it might be worth a try.

Thanks in advance.

Edit: Sorry in advance if this should have gone under the items discussion forum.

Fbsunny

03-16-2010

As far as I know volley does not apply on hit effects, which means that it would not proc tiamat

Brozan

03-16-2010

No. On hit effects work with very few abilities (gangplanks parley and ezreal's shot are the only I know of)

LaFreeze

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-16-2010

Well that is a disappointing but I figured it was too obvious for someone else not to have tried by now.

Thanks very much for the info and saving me from an embarrassing game trying Tiamat out.

anata ga mori

03-16-2010

As the others said. There is a reason why Gangplank is the only one you regularly see with a Tiamat.

Btw you can always just do a practice game to test it out. No need to embarrass yourself.

wildfire393

03-16-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brozan View Post
No. On hit effects work with very few abilities (gangplanks parley and ezreal's shot are the only I know of)
Also Warwick's ult.

Holypope

03-16-2010

tiamat works on:

Gangplank's parley
Twitch's ultimate
Warwick's ultimate

pretty much any ability that modifies a basic attack... but nothing more.

interestingly enough, gangplank's parley is a bit broken. Tiamat splashes aren't supposed to add on-hit affects, but splashes from parley DO apply on-hit debuffs... meaning that you can apply a lot of debufs to a group in only a single shot. VERY nice skill.

EDIT:

Apparently parley tiamat splashes only apply gangplank's healing debuff and poison, NOT debuffs from items/lizard/etc.

ironstove

03-16-2010

rylai's scepter + tiamat is win on gank I believe.

Fbsunny

03-16-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holypope View Post
interestingly enough, gangplank's parley is a bit broken. Tiamat splashes aren't supposed to add on-hit affects, but splashes from parley DO apply on-hit debuffs... meaning that you can apply a lot of debufs to a group in only a single shot. VERY nice skill.
This is just plain not true, I tested it in a practice game 5 minutes ago and it does not apply either Black Cleaver or Lizard Buff.

Why would anyone get Rylai's on Pirate, the AP is useless and Parrrley applies the on hit effect from Frozen Mallet. Also tiamat's proc does not make Rylais hit them so it is pretty much worthless.

LaFreeze

03-16-2010

Hmmm, I think though I'll just stay away from Tiamat unless they massively buff it based on what everyone is reporting. Thanks for the info everyone.