How to deal with Singed.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Santhor

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-17-2011

I`m having a very hard time dealing with pro level players who use Singed.
He seems very tanky, he never fights, just runs around.
Keeps lanes pushed without having to worry about being caught because of his high movement speed and HP.

any tips on what I should be building in order to lock him down on Twisted Treeline?

Hqwxuz

05-17-2011

depends on who u are using

YourRoleModel

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-17-2011

He will be very tanky.

A good Singed build is something like.
- Catalyst to Rod of Ages
- Boots to Boots of Speed or Sorc Shoes
- 2nd Rod of Ages (if looks like a long game)
- Banshee's Veil or FoN
- Sunfire Cape or Ryali's
- If you get this far... add whatever defensive or offensive AP item you want, or one of the others you didn't take...

And I get Armor and MR per level Seals and Glyphs, Magic Pen Marks, and Speed Quints.

Masteries... usually 9 Offensive, 7 Defensive, and the rest tilted to get at least 2/3 on the movement speed masteries.

So he gets good HP based on his items and max mana as well as natural and rune defenses... and he's fast.

And he will usually lead the game in minion kills thanks to his poison.

Singed's weaknesses:
1 - No ranged attacks at all. (though Fling has a range about as big as a quarter centerd on singed)
2 - Not much physical damage.
3 - No huge burst damage (even if he does get a sheen or something).

Most of his damage comes from running in, flinging people into his poison, and having the team single them out.

SOOOO...

1 - In the early laning phase, you can zone singed out fairly well and kite him.
2 - Later in the game, he'll backdoor with minions mostly. Wards are a big help to track him.
3 - Get magic resist like BV (especially if his teammates have combos)
4 - Singed usually doesn't have insane MR and Armor... just good... in the 100-150 range for each. He can be stunned and burst down when he runs in to initiate. He's not impossible to hurt.

At the same time, if you have good defenses, you can ignore Singed as his damage output will just be ok at best.

He's definitely a good champ... he's a decent tank initiator with fling and solid D but with enough damage and crowd control that he can disrupt a fight.

BTW... a good Vayne CAN catch him and kill him 1-1... Vayne is insanely fast.

Almost nobody else can catch Singed with Ghost and his Ulti and boots of swiftness.

iLullaby

05-17-2011

#1, dont stand in poison
#2, dont get thrown by him.
#3. yay their singed is officially useless.

ok for real, his poison is deceptivly strong. his throw scales well, and due to his passive he can build ap tanky. his ult is quite good and wrecks cc with the changes (although his ability to push imo was much better)he is quite tanky, however, most especially early game while high hp have low resist values. most thier hp is from the mana passive thing he has. he is suspect to alot of burst. thats my opinion ofc.

Doct0r Phil

05-17-2011

Basically I sum it up this way....

1. Don't feed him (obviously). He is hard to kill early game and it's easy to get caught and take unneeded damage from his gas ****.
2. Get a small amount of magic resist and health (I.e banshees) or some life leech or spell vamp.
3. Be aware of when he's gonna throw you. I tend to like to bait him, and he can be easy to focus if not fed.....but obviously it depends on team comp.

I find singed more of an annoyance over anything else. As long as you don't sit in his **** usually my team and I do fine

Doct0r Phil

05-17-2011

Of course, all of my characters always have movement quints on....so it may be different for me lol

Hqwxuz

05-17-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by YourRoleModel View Post
He will be very tanky.

A good Singed build is something like.
- Catalyst to Rod of Ages
- Boots to Boots of Speed or Sorc Shoes
- 2nd Rod of Ages (if looks like a long game)
- Banshee's Veil or FoN
- Sunfire Cape or Ryali's
- If you get this far... add whatever defensive or offensive AP item you want, or one of the others you didn't take...

And I get Armor and MR per level Seals and Glyphs, Magic Pen Marks, and Speed Quints.

Masteries... usually 9 Offensive, 7 Defensive, and the rest tilted to get at least 2/3 on the movement speed masteries.

So he gets good HP based on his items and max mana as well as natural and rune defenses... and he's fast.

And he will usually lead the game in minion kills thanks to his poison.

Singed's weaknesses:
1 - No ranged attacks at all. (though Fling has a range about as big as a quarter centerd on singed)
2 - Not much physical damage.
3 - No huge burst damage (even if he does get a sheen or something).

Most of his damage comes from running in, flinging people into his poison, and having the team single them out.

SOOOO...

1 - In the early laning phase, you can zone singed out fairly well and kite him.
2 - Later in the game, he'll backdoor with minions mostly. Wards are a big help to track him.
3 - Get magic resist like BV (especially if his teammates have combos)
4 - Singed usually doesn't have insane MR and Armor... just good... in the 100-150 range for each. He can be stunned and burst down when he runs in to initiate. He's not impossible to hurt.

At the same time, if you have good defenses, you can ignore Singed as his damage output will just be ok at best.

He's definitely a good champ... he's a decent tank initiator with fling and solid D but with enough damage and crowd control that he can disrupt a fight.

BTW... a good Vayne CAN catch him and kill him 1-1... Vayne is insanely fast.

Almost nobody else can catch Singed with Ghost and his Ulti and boots of swiftness.
First off double roa is not a good build on him....

having no range is not that big of a deal when he can use r and ghost and a 75% slow.

He doesn't have much physical damage, but not a lot of tanks/casters do. Its not that big of a disadvantage. He does more than enough damage with poison and fling.

No one gets a sheen on him because its a terrible item for him... His skills all have long cooldowns. An AP Singed can be very very bursty btw.

A good singed wont get zoned out. He can effectively farm when you push the lane and he runs back with poison or just by counter harrassing and being smart about lasthitting.

100 mr and armor is the sweet spot for armor and mr. Plus he gets another 60 from his ult. So most singeds will have 200 mr and armor when ult is activated and around 3000 hp. Focusing him is generally not a good idea..... since he IS a tank. Try to harrass him alot before the team fight starts.

Ignoring him however is never a good idea. The poison damage really adds up. Even if you have some mr.

LOL at the vayne comment... ummmm a singed shouldnt try to 1v1 a vayne and just take shots. Vayne is rly good at juking and does a hella lot of dmg, but if the vayne is being stupid and trying to catch singed, you could probably just turn around(after the vayne takes a significant amount of poison dmg) and fling that vayne and laugh as she dies from your poison.

Larson McMurphy

05-17-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hqwxuz View Post
First off double roa is not a good build on him....
Your wrong. Its actually excellent.

Hqwxuz

05-17-2011

your wrong its not as good as another item say a rylais

xxsinged420xx69

05-17-2011

I main singed in ranked, and I think pure tanksinged works better. A singed who builds AP is one who dies faster in teamfights. You have to rush banshees or you get screwed in early teamfights.