1 is "USUQ" 5 is "URTEHBESTEST"

1 1 11.11%
2 2 22.22%
3 4 44.44%
4 0 0%
5 2 22.22%
Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

[Theory] Rate My Ezrael Build

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

gun fu panda

03-16-2010

http://leaguecraft.com/builder/Ezrea...29290c1fb83ae1

What do you folks think of my Ezrael build? (Items/Runes/Masteries).

Summoner spells are Ghost and Exhaust.

Goal is to make him "Hybrid"-y with a focus on attack.

EDIT:

Build has been revised a bit:
http://leaguecraft.com/builder/Ezrea...a70316e398efe6

Still debating on if a Brutalizer is worth sticking in somewhere. The CDR loss from no Nashor's hurts, but it's doable with the increase in damage/ArPen.

roninsm

03-16-2010

Sword of the Occult is fail in any build.

gun fu panda

03-16-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by roninsm View Post
How so? It pays itself off cost/item value-wise at 6 stacks.

PackMan97

03-16-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by roninsm View Post
It got buffed, now it's +5 dmg per stack, making it a VERY VERY nice item in a lot of builds.

PatMcGroyne

03-16-2010

You put sword of the occult on a character with no survivability and put boots of swiftness on a character that doesnt need more speed but desperately needs more defense

anata ga mori

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-16-2010

You've only got five items there. Build is incomplete. (I know that you have to vary things according to the enemy team, but still, you ought to offer up a "standard" item and list a few points of divergence.)

xahhfink6

03-16-2010

Ok... it would be nice to see what order you are actually building these items but in general I can say that I'm not impressed...

I know that Ginsoo's is the new crack and that everyone is using it on everything, but ezreal would benefit a lot more from straight damage than from more attack speed and some AP... if you want an attack speed item that gives damage, get last whisper for gods sake...

Same about nashors... with the ability to have 75% attack speed buff at any time, why would you be building attack speed items?

Mob boots seem kinda useless on him, they may help travel between lanes but once he reaches combat he will be trying to make sure that he never goes 5 seconds without attacking, so as to keep his passive up, you would be much better with boots of swiftness if you want the speed...

and finally, early game you are WAY mana dependent, and it is a problem for most of the game... I know that I'm not counting on runes/masteries (since its the TR) but you've really got to find a build that can start with mana regen, and/or flat mana.

Sword of Occult is way OP now, so thats a great choice, but the item that really shines on Ezreal is Blackcleaver, since he gets huge AS and it works on his Q... try building something mana/mana regen, then your sword of occult, and then at least get blackcleaver as a damage item before finishing your trinity force

SheriffLobo

03-16-2010

Agree more or less. Boots of swiftness is unecessary, I'd rather you go Berserker's or mercury's. Sword of the occult is a gamble imo. It relies on you getting significant amount of kills (for these 'stack' items, anything less than a x15 stack makes it a loss imo) A safer bet would be to get another lichbane or hell...maybe even a malady.

That is all.

Also, how do you fix the health issue? seriously...ez makes twitch look like a tank. I may even suggest not getting a sword of the occult/lichbane/malady and going for a rylai's.

That is all. Again.

gun fu panda

03-16-2010

I added Chalice to the new build. The reason I got Nashor's was to max my CDR. In retrospect, maybe a Brutalizer + DFG or some other source of CDR could be interesting. I really like guinsoo's, because of how it synergizes with his passive. Black Cleaver IS nice, and I've been thinking a lot about trying to integrate it into my build.

I did get boots of swiftness (not mobility).

My order will be (with Chalice and the posted build)

Meki + 2 HP Bots
Chalice
Sheen
Boots 1
SotO
Boots 2
Stinger > Codex > Nashor's
Triforce
Guinsoo's

Alternatively: (just realized this takes 7 items, scrap either Black Cleaver or Brutalizer)
Meki + HP Pot x 2
Chalice
Sheen
Boots 1
SotO
Boots 2
Brutalizer
BF Sword
Triforce
Guinsoo's
Black Cleaver

Edit:
As for the HP "issue", Ezrael is going to be squishy. You can't fix that. I figure I'll play him like Corki and stay near the fringe plinking Qs until it's clean up time and use his E as an escape/chase.

Xaerael

03-16-2010

Judging by the cooldown of the Q skill, you may want more mana regen than that if you want to be using it a lot, seeing as you have Nashor's Tooth, meaning a very short cooldown, and that's not considering runes yet. Faster Q's also = more aspd from his passive.

Edit; ninja'd, lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gun fu panda View Post
Edit:
As for the HP "issue", Ezrael is going to be squishy. You can't fix that. I figure I'll play him like Corki and stay near the fringe plinking Qs until it's clean up time and use his E as an escape/chase.
This is true, judging from the one practice round I did with him against bots(I do this with new champions to save face in real matchs), he is
  • A) Squishy, unless you build him tankish, which is pointless and leaves him with ****ty DPS.
  • B) Dependant on his move speed a lot, he skims around edges of battles ducking in and out laying in skillshots, also allows him to outrun enemy Champions.
  • C) Heavily Mana-Regen Dependant, at 40> Mana a Q/Lvl5 with <5 sec cooldown, this can get very costly late game where you have to be constantly relying on skills for burst damage and more CDR.