Who can counter a good Urgot in mid laning phase

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Akai Kurayami

05-16-2011

I just got steamrolled against an Urgot with his toxic grenade, plus some pew pew shots that deals a **** load of damage as a carry. I know that Urgot is one of the best solo lane harasser and is able to completely dominate a solo lane by himself, not to mention able to get about 3 - 4 kills before laning phase is over with no difficulty. Now I'm wondering which champs could out beat Urgot (who's gotta be good) in mid laning phase?

All I can think of is an assassin with burst damage like Leblanc or Akali. Or Amumu since he can pull in with his bandage toss. Any suggestions?

P.S. Boy I was mad as hell when he keeps killing me with his toxic grenade and his artillery.

zxlkcf

05-16-2011

Anyone who knows how to dodge.

Scyrner

05-16-2011

Lux does it quite well because she can outrange him with her harass. also, your shield should let you tank at least 1 or even 2 acid hunters.....

StyrTW

05-16-2011

you need to get better at faking out movements to bait his E, its pretty easy

Akai Kurayami

05-16-2011

But it doesn't take long for Urgot to use his grenade, maybe it gives you like .5 seconds to see him using it, then about another .5 sec for it to land. And I don't know how you're going to fake out movements when you only start out a move speed of 325 or lower (might be possible for boots 1, but I still say that's highly impossible until it sorta gets to mid game).

JohnCataldo

05-16-2011

In addition to the other answers: Buy boots as your first item if you will be laning against Urgot. (This applies to some other matchups as well... which is why static item build orders will always be wrong some of the time..)

Dodging the poison is key, of course, but even if you get poisoned, running out of range faster matters too.

Upgrade to speed 2 or 3 boots soon, as well, unless you think another item will let you engage and win (which is hard with most champs vs. Urgot during laning).

JohnCataldo

05-16-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akai Kurayami View Post
But it doesn't take long for Urgot to use his grenade, maybe it gives you like .5 seconds to see him using it, then about another .5 sec for it to land. And I don't know how you're going to fake out movements when you only start out a move speed of 325 or lower (might be possible for boots 1, but I still say that's highly impossible until it sorta gets to mid game).
There's no special reason you should be waiting until mid game to get basic boots.

Doriantv

05-17-2011

Teemo and Kennen.

Charmi

05-17-2011

Teemo and Kennen are good choices. Also try Nidalee, she can outsustain any sort of harassment urgot makes.

LCS Dyrus

05-17-2011

Nunu and Cho'Gath both excel here. As long as you can dodge some of the corrosive charges, you'll just outheal the damage. You might even force Urgot to pull out abnormally soon via rupture or snowball.
Vlad's also a good one with transfusion and sanguine pool. Just be sure to rush a revolver on him so you can outheal the damage you do take.