Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Hextech revolvers on morgana

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Hefty Sak

05-17-2011

Quote:
mandraxhair:
I'm pretty sure all the spellvamp is in the unique aura and not in the item itself..

that is what is inferred from the item description, but many people tell me WoTA gives personal spellvamp too.

which is weird either way given the description and item recipe.

Warrrrax

05-17-2011

Keep in mind that YOU BENEFIT FROM ALL AURA ITEMS as well as your team. The aura does not just affect them. I myself thought this for a long time which caused me to way undervalue Aegis of Legion, etc.

Morgana has pretty long range, so she really shouldnt need great deals of vampirism. I think she has enough to lane and eventually recover from damage taken when ulting (and hopefully not dying). She isnt really in the thick of things though where high levels of vamp/lifesteal are most helpful. It also helps to be tough enough to not die immediately so you could actually benefit from the lifesteal/vamp.

ForeverLaxx

05-17-2011

Even though Morgana has spellvamp in her passive, look at how much spellvamp that actually is (hint: it's quite a bit). Now consider how much health you get back in a typical teamfight keeping her passive in mind. Do you see the problem here? Even though she has a good amount of spellvamp from her passive, you get no real noticable healing from her because her spell cooldowns are too long. The one spell she has that can make a real difference with spellvamp is her soil, but it's easy to avoid and will often be the one spell you get the least healing from.

In short, her spells have too long of a cooldown for itemizing spellvamp to be worthwhile.

Monkeedude

05-17-2011

Quote:
ForeverLaxx:
In short, her spells have too long of a cooldown for itemizing spellvamp to be worthwhile.

No, try it. Will of the Ancients on Morgana is possibly one of the best items you can get. Period.

I usually rush this, then go with a mana item like Chalice or Tear, and she has infinite lane sustainability. Yeah, you think Vlad could stay there forever? Try Morgana dropping a pool on minions with 50%+ spell Vamp. She essentially no longer has to worry about light Harassment in lane. And in the case of a Gank, they'll think they have you, then cringe as you heal over a third of your health back with just 1 dark binding and pool at their feet.

Honestly, the "dodging her soil" comment? Have you ever played her? The idea is to drop the soil right after you dark bind them, that's like Morgana 101.

bARRtender

05-17-2011

Quote:
Monkeedude:
Honestly, the "dodging her soil" comment? Have you ever played her? The idea is to drop the soil right after you dark bind them, that's like Morgana 101.

I soil and then bind whoever is dumb enough to stay in it. The bind doesn't last long enough to bind first IMO. Plus then you're not getting the benefit of the reduced mRes.

ForeverLaxx

05-17-2011

Quote:
Monkeedude:
No, try it. Will of the Ancients on Morgana is possibly one of the best items you can get. Period.

I usually rush this, then go with a mana item like Chalice or Tear, and she has infinite lane sustainability. Yeah, you think Vlad could stay there forever? Try Morgana dropping a pool on minions with 50%+ spell Vamp. She essentially no longer has to worry about light Harassment in lane. And in the case of a Gank, they'll think they have you, then cringe as you heal over a third of your health back with just 1 dark binding and pool at their feet.

You do understand that Morg doesn't worry about "light harassment in lane" with just her passive, she doesn't need a revolver for that. Revolver works well on Vlad because it gives him sources of healing that isn't tied up into Transfusion for laning, not with any specific synergy with Transfusion itself. If you need a Revolver to shrug off light harassment with Morgana, your ability to place Soil needs work. And with your "gank" situation, the mere fact that you rooted the champion trying to gank you will be more than enough to prevent the gank. Healing anything at all won't matter because now you're not in a position to be ganked at all.

I play Morg all the time. Bind + Soil + Ult is her trademark combo, and with the prevalence of Merc Treads, you're getting 2, maybe 3 damage ticks from Soil before they move out, which is far from ideal and not worth investing into a Will of the Ancients for. None of this really matters anway specifically because of her cooldown timers. Who cares if you regained 300 HP in those 2 seconds when you can't do anything else for another 6? Cooldowns are always going to be the deciding factor when you want to incorporate spellvamp into your build, unless you plan to take a royal beating before firing out your combo to hopefully survive another second or two.

And besides, since you're trying to play the "I don't play Morg" card, you put your Soil down under the target before Binding lands so the -MR can take effect, increasing the damage of the Bind. Obviously.

KPloggz

05-17-2011

Morgana stacking revolvers would leave you mana starved. Get a RoA or Archangels.