Evelynn Build?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Qaci

05-16-2011

How should you build Evelynn if you plan on roaming?

Runes are pretty easy to figure out, but do its the build that I'm wondering about.

AP vs AD?

Usually I go boots +1 potion + 1 ward and then roam and eventually build ap (boots of mobility/lich bane/rylais/rabadon etc).

Is this build right? Or is it better to go ad? What do I build as ad eve?

I'm fairly new with evelynn but I've been reading up on her a lot. I appreciate the help

1ronLung

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

05-16-2011

AD eve can get triforce and wriggles for jungling and survivability as well as pushing power.

usually roaming eve will go AD since with AP you are a glass cannon and only have your E to do DPS

http://tinylc.com/tR

give that guide a look. has a pretty good section on jungling

Seelyon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-16-2011

Yeh AD is the way to go, very powerful throughout the game and you can also jungle, see this Evelynn Guide

Radwimp

05-16-2011

I recommend AP Eve instead (her Q spam can generate one of highest DPS in game), and you do did mention the core items (maybe not boots). First of all their team and your team composition matters on a lot of your build. You have the right idea for AP Eve.

I'm not a big fan of early roaming Eve because you are losing a lot of XP, and you are most likely not going to get a kill early because players are usually staying back or they have their escape summoner spells up. It is however a good idea that you buy a ward at the start if the enemy team has a jungler.For example, you can put the ward at their lizard buff, and stay lane at bottom. Wait until jungler gets there and then make your move. Be sure to stealth a few times during this laning phase because if you stealth for the first time when you see the jungler at red buff it will be too obvious. For boots consider Sorcerer's or Mercury as well if they are heavy.

acosn

05-17-2011

Between AP and AD there's no "wrong" spec so much as what's viable and what's not.

Generally speaking there's no team comp AD Evelynn can't deal with, but AP eve can find herself at odds with tank / soaker heavy teams. Tank breaking simply isn't in Evelynn's job description and even with Evelynn's strong burst damage she'll find herself simply outdone by the fact that it's not terribly hard to have a Mundo running circles around Eve's damage output.

My general AD build with Evelynn which has a fairly high success rate is boots of mobility > Youmuu's Ghostblade > Infinity Edge. There's a strong temptation to rush a Trinity Force but frankly it's an over rated item. Other than sheen's proc every other stat trinity force gives is done so in a fairly inefficient manner. The jump from Sheen to TF is about 3000 gold, which is almost an Infinity Edge. Now tell me what's a better damage dealer, IE or the attack speed, crit, and AD on a trinity force?

biomorph

05-17-2011

I would like to disagree on AD Eve without Tri-force. Not that it can't be done but skipping Sheen->Tri-forces gimps your early game ganks and that is a crucial game phase for Evelynn. Not only Evelynn her self but the entire team. With a early Sheen your Ravage->Proc makes coordinated ganks so much more effective whereas a pure AD Evelynn is nothing but a stun and run machine the first many levels until she gets her items. In other words skipping Tri-force on AD Evelynn is really not making the most of her mid game potential.

As a roaming Evelynn all you really need is Sheen and Mobility Boots.
By the time you have those two items you will be roaming anyways, Evelynn should always roam as much as possible. After that you go Mejai's if AP or Complete Tri-force if AD.
So it really does not matter as a roaming Evelynn if you go AD or AP as long as you get Sheen and mobility boots.

However if enemy has 2-3 squishy ranged carries/casters I would strongly recommend AP Evelynn and then keep hunting them, do coordinated ganks, through out the entire game. If enemy team packs lots of brawlers I would recommend AD/Hybrid Evelynn (Hybrid here implies AD with Tri-Force). I have a Rune Page setup for AP Evelynn, because I play AP mostly, and I use 9/0/21 masteries and even that it's not optimal for AD it can still be done since Ravage debuff makes up for lack of ArPen and a Ghostblade also works wonders.