Have summoners forgotten clarvoience?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

StuffedBeef

05-16-2011

Recently I have been using clarvoience, for those that have forgotten it reveals any area of the map for a short time. I am just wondering, who else uses this spell, and what are your views on it?

Witch Bernkastel

05-16-2011

I swear by it, especially when playing Morgana, my support of choice.

It is my firm belief that Clairvoyance is the most versatile, powerful spell in the game, especially considering with the masteries you can get it on a ridiculous short cooldown and reveal for even longer.

OnlyBotLane

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-16-2011

Great spell for supports but it is more useful for carries and any other champ type who is going to be in the middle of a fight to have combat summoner spells, whether escapes, such as flash or ghost, or more dps, ignite. That's why you don't see it too often.

Azaer

05-16-2011

I love it, but I only use it on Rammus

Arn0x

05-16-2011

Paired with Soraka it's really good. Opens up a lot of ganks on jungles and prevents being jumped by 5 if you're hitting a tower down.

Zeikei

05-16-2011

Its a great spell, I don't use it too often b/c I find myself using ghost/exhaust/flash very often or even fortify if I'm the tank, but I don't support all too often, and don't play too many champs that it directly benefits (I'm greedy, esp in solo que), but I approve of it being used, especially if your confident you can get by without escape Summoner Spells.

Qaci

05-16-2011

I swear to it on soraka, janna, zilean and taric. its so good. I usually get it on lux as well. its an incredibly spell that people just dont value as much

sbd2

Recruiter

05-16-2011

I always get Clairvoyance when I go Shen, I am like the "anti-gank" champion lol.

iP1ayJarvan

05-16-2011

i used to go with it as soraka too but now, i somehow feel mass warding works better for me now. while it reveals areas, its not as reliable as having wards all around the place, coz the enemy couldve just passed the spot you revealed and u wouldnt see him heading to u.

TsurugiHikari

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-16-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4rch4ng3l View Post
i used to go with it as soraka too but now, i somehow feel mass warding works better for me now.
A combination of warding and CV basically gives you over 25% map control in the game alone. In theory.

With that said, I use CV mostly on support champions. Occasionally I have tried using with other champions where I don't think I'll need another summoner spell to help me fight targets in fights.

Rarely I mix it up with mages unless I know I can live without it and basically rely on my team to do its job while I do mine.