The Rain Man's Teemo....Effective?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SumitX

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-16-2011

The title pretty much speaks for itself.
I have been playing a Rain Man style teemo following his guide at: http://solomid.net/guides.php?g=658

Unfortunately, my teammates begin to rage when I'm not around for team fights while split pushing. They get destroyed way too quickly, and I'm left to blame for not being around. Before I have a chance to build my Madreds I don't see any significant damage I could contribute to a team fight. Any advice and suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

LyraOrpheo

05-16-2011

Its not a build problem, its a team composition problem

From what I can tell your team as a whole expects to win the game via team fights and then push after downtimes, so they commit to 4v5 fights while you're split pushing, they of course get beaten by disadvantage.

Teemo is more effective on a pushing team than a team fight oriented team because he's not that good at team fights, or rather how good he is depends on how effective your opponent's prioritize targets and how they position themselves.

So yeah, your team mates will keep raging because your build strategy is not meeting their team strategy.

Mr Archer

05-16-2011

That teemo strat seems to work alot better with more organized teams or at least a duo partner. Being sure your team won't engage in stupid 4v5's and will just turtle/poke/push other lanes while you do your thing is pretty important. It's also important that they know to push a lane hard if 2 or more enemies come to gank you.

Mikey Wonder

05-17-2011

If your team is losing team fights DON'T SPLIT PUSH!
The strat in that guide isn't, "ignore team, split push always". Don't split push if your team can't allow you to do so. His item build is great for keeping teemo alive a lil longer in team fights and Teemo does a good amount of damage before Madred BR. You're doing it wrong.