Warmogs

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ForeverLaxx

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-16-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by mojib View Post
my beef with warmogs is that it is costly and doesn't provide any real utility, needs to be farmed quite early, and takes a while to max out.

In comparison, frozen mallet gives a slow, same with rylai's, while sunfire gives and AoE dmg aura. As others have mentioned, warmogs is a situational item.
Your "beef" with Warmog's is only true in regards to the old version. I refuse to get sucked into a thread about this item, but you never rush Warmog's, it's easy to max out now, and gives the most rounded defense EHP for a single item.

Larson McMurphy

05-17-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForeverLaxx View Post
Your "beef" with Warmog's is only true in regards to the old version. I refuse to get sucked into a thread about this item, but you never rush Warmog's, it's easy to max out now, and gives the most rounded defense EHP for a single item.
This.

JeryC

05-17-2011

to each their own then. why bother insisting that each's view is right/better?

frozen mallet is used to punish noobs who goes out of position alone. in a high level group fight, how much does slow matter at the start?
sunfire is mostly used for farming. in a good team, it just isn't necessary. hell, haven't seen anyone who depends on the aoe to kill too.
warmog's a good item. but giant's belt + negatron cloak + chain vest is better, cheaper, and easier to get.

TheAsianPlayboy

05-17-2011

It's a weird item because it's better the earlier you get it because regen is less useful later on and you can start killing minions to get to stack it, but it's a lot cheaper to get armor/mr.

So if you get it mid/late game because you have enough mr/armor that it becomes better to get HP, regen is a lot less useful and it takes too long to get the stacks.

I probably didn't explain it well.

Larson McMurphy

05-17-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeryC View Post
to each their own then. why bother insisting that each's view is right/better?
Math doesn't lie and is closest thing to universal objective knowledge humans have access too.

The truth is that warmog's gives you more effective health for your gold than anything else as a single defensive item (this changes of course if you already have a defensive item or 2). Whether its worth it to you to give up some effective health for more utility from a different item is a matter of the particular situation. But by this fact alone warmog's can't be sworn off as a bad item. Its not always the best item, but if you have less than 2k health and you want the most effective health you can get in one item slot for the least money, warmog's is without a doubt the best option.

JeryC

05-17-2011

well, maths is dead. 1+1=2 is always right in maths, but in reality, having 1 more of the same thing doesn't tell us the effects/consequences of it. and it isn't always better.

other than the cost effectiveness, i think ppl are mostly disagreeing on the application of the item and the value of it's alternatives.

if opinions were like maths. the world would be a far easier place to live in. i wish for that too.

acosn

05-17-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeryC View Post
well, maths is dead. 1+1=2 is always right in maths, but in reality, having 1 more of the same thing doesn't tell us the effects/consequences of it. and it isn't always better.

other than the cost effectiveness, i think ppl are mostly disagreeing on the application of the item and the value of it's alternatives.

if opinions were like maths. the world would be a far easier place to live in. i wish for that too.
Until you start counting in binary.

Warmogg's isn't a very good item because there's just not a lot of characters that want straight HP / health regen. AD Characters will typically get more use out of a Frozen Mallet, Tanks like Sunfire Capes more typically and AP characters get more mileage out of a Rod of Ages of Rylai's.

Warrrrax

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-17-2011

See my comprehensive guide on Warmogs for details. It discusses the usual comments like "no utility", etc by using basic math.

http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...d.php?t=554923