Warmogs

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Elrilok

05-16-2011

Why do people think it's so good?

In my mind, it's one of the worst items out there, is that such a bad...uh...opinion?

ForeverLaxx

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-16-2011

Yes, we need another thread about Warmog's and how it's "bad".

Kalshazzak

05-16-2011

It is great.....but only when bought in conjunction with Atma's. It can also be good situationally late-game if you can only spare one slot with balanced defensive needs, and the other team is packing void+LW. Otherwise it's average on champs with % damage reduction abilities and below average on everyone else.

Edit: to your last question; thinking warmogs = **** isn't necessarily bad, but it is narrow-minded imo.

Furrral

05-16-2011

It counters true damage and for skills that scale with Health it's great. And of course if you build Atma's it's even better

But still, it can be a bad choice depending on the champion you build it on.

I tend to build it on Shen in 7/10 cases.

tweeder459

05-16-2011

I think warmog's is a great item for certain characters early. Shen for example : you'll probably have a solo lane in 5's, so buy the armor/mr counter to their team or your lane then build the warmog's. The extra health also scales nicely with the new function of his passive.

Over all, the item is more dependent upon the character using it.

Elrilok

05-16-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalshazzak View Post
It is great.....but only when bought in conjunction with Atma's. It can also be good situationally late-game if you can only spare one slot with balanced defensive needs, and the other team is packing void+LW. Otherwise it's average on champs with % damage reduction abilities and below average on everyone else.

Edit: to your last question; thinking warmogs = **** isn't necessarily bad, but it is narrow-minded imo.
I agree it is narrowminded

Thank you for clarifying things for me.

Nightdancer ND

05-16-2011

The Warmogs is the one item that gives you a serious health boost.
It is interesting when your other items providing only some resists and highly demanded abilities.

a) a Thornmail is worthless without HP and itself providing no HP
b) a Force of Nature provide very much magic resist and an interesting regeneration, but that regeneration is futile without a high base HP
c) imagine a)+b) => win (it is called: effective HP)

Uze3

05-16-2011

Warmogs on Sivir + Atmas
PUSH PUSH PUSH PUSH
6 towers down by 15min

no but seriously it makes a champion much more durable and is well worth the money.

Lone Blade

05-16-2011

it's a power health item. A full warmog's is hard to beat for the sheer amount of health it gives. However, it is very situational. If your one of those tanks who can get either enough assists to farm it up, or you can get significant resistance built up it really will do a lot for you.

mojib

05-16-2011

my beef with warmogs is that it is costly and doesn't provide any real utility, needs to be farmed quite early, and takes a while to max out.

In comparison, frozen mallet gives a slow, same with rylai's, while sunfire gives and AoE dmg aura. As others have mentioned, warmogs is a situational item.